Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THANKS STORMY26
I JUST WANTED TO THANK STORMY26 FOR GIVING ME THE TIPS ON WHERE TO GO EXACTLEY FOR THE BEST FIRST TIME SALMON EXPERIANCE ANYONE COULD HAVE ! [cool]

MAN IT WAS A BLAST , I GOT THE SORE ARMS TO PROVE IT TOO [Wink] !

I'VE HAD SOME EXCITING TIMES FISHING BEFORE , BUT NOTHING COMPARES TO THIS , FISH AS BIG AS A G.I.'S DUFFLE BAG JUMPING UP IN YOUR FACE , SNATCHING YOUR STUFF AND TAKING OFF LIKE A MACK TRUCK . AND WHAT DO YOU DO ? PULL THEM BACK WITH A THREAD ! THATS FISHING !

THANKS STORMY , THATS THE BEST SPOT BY FAR ! YEEE HAAAAAA!
[signature]
them shenooks are a lot of fun!!!!!
[signature]
yea , so much fun that i thougt that it was going to rain, little did i realise that the overcast sky wasen't getting darker from approaching ran , evening was upon me ! and i haden't even stopped for breakfast yet , lol !
[signature]
the only thing bad about days like that is, thay are gone before you know it.
[signature]
OR DAYS LIKE TODAY ! I HAD A BIG BOY ON , WELL MAYBE THE BIG BOY'S DADDY !

A GUY GAVE ME THE HOT FLY TO TRY , SECOND CAST , I GOT SLAMMED !

THIS IS GONNA SOUND LIKE A FISH STORY , BUT IT'S REAL .

I TRIED THE FIIREWIRE , 6 LB. DIA- 14 LB TEST . 125 YARDS SPOOLED OUT ON MY NEW SHIMANO REEL IN ABOUT 30 SECONDS BY THE HEADSHAKER .

FIRST FIGHT , 20 MINUTES - SNAPPED THE LINE , FISH OFF .

SECOND FIGHT , HE SWAM BY DRAGGING THE LINE AND A HAND TO HAND COMBAT STARTED AND ENDED IN TEN MINUTES , CUT FINGERS . OUCH !

THIRD FIGHT , MY FISHING BUDDY COUGHT THE STRING ON A MEPPS LURE , 20 MINUTES OF FIGHT THERE TOO , BROKE HIS 40 LB. TEST LINE . THE SALMON WAS MASSIVE MADE MY FISH LOOK LIKE A PUPPY DOG . THE LINE BROKE BECAUSE THE NET WAS TOO SMALL FOR THE FISH , MY STEELHEADERS NET .

A SNAGGER HOOKED ONTO THE LINE , IT BROKE HIS ROD IN TWO BEFORE COMMING LOOSE , ABOUT A HALF HOUR THERE . THE ROD , ONE OF THOES NEW BIG WHITE ZEBCOS .

I'M GUESSING THE GIRTH AT THAT BEAST TO BE ABOUT 30 INCHES , HIS HEAD WAS ABOUT THE SIZE OF A FOOTBALL .

THAT FISH SPANKED ME THREE TIMES IN A ROW AND ALSO TOOK OUT A LOW LIFE SNAGGER .

SOMEBODY'S GONNA GET THAT FISH , HE WAS DEFINATLY GONNA BE MOUNTED OVER MY FIREPLACE IF I GOT HIM .

IF I CAN FIND THE FLY PATTERN , I'LL P.M. IT TO STORMY .

WORMS WERE BRINGING IN THE BROWNS , SPAWN SACKS THE STEELIES ( FRESH FISH TOO !) AND THE HOT FLY GOT HITS ALMOST EVERY CAST !
[signature]
GOOD JOB it's been awhile since I have been on-line its been real busy for me but I went up there two weeks ago and got a couple and last weekend we went to the east side and got acouple more. For that river it's a blast YOU GOT HOOKED DIDN'T YA[Smile][Smile]. Did you get to see a few jump. Last year I was out in the middle of the big M right before dark and two salmon chasing each other around me and they both could of jumped over me and if I had a net with me I could of caught one of them in the air it was so close. We are heading back up this weekend. We will be camping out up there by the river. If you get a chance to break away it will be a good time.
[signature]
i'll be there !

hooked ? naw not me , netted and on the stringer is more like it !

yeeeeee haaaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!

i will be posting a question on the fly tying board with a crude drawing of the fly , the fly i was given was getting slammed every other cast during daylight hours .

fresh steelies and kings were in there with one monster brown as of sunday .the steelies wern't big but they were eating size use spawn bags without floats inside . the browns were cought on dillys and crawlers on a bobber set-up , they wouldn't touch anything else . the kings were also hitting on #2 mepps , but i didn't have any panther martins or johnson doubles to toss at them for a try .

the night creatures came out and crowded the banks at dusk , we gave up at around eleven and i returned at 4 am . the guys that were at the wire left kinda quick , i didn't know that they were walking off with some other guys stuff , he was off batteling his fish . they took his rods and box .

it took a while to convince everyone at the river that i was not with the theives , they thought we were fishing in teams .

i really feel bad for the guy , if i had known , i would have dropped the skumbags . i got a good look at one of them , i'll remember that jerks face . thick glasses , sholder length blond hair and lookes like an old neighbor of mine , got that natural stupid look about him .

see you there !
[signature]