Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
carp on the fly
Had a great day with the carp today the were very cooperative.
[signature]
Good looking fish! What kind of flies are you using?
Thanks!
[signature]
And I missed my phone call!!! [laugh][laugh][laugh] Very nice! The NEW Carpinator. Is the the Utah Lake? Dude, let me know next hunt...my spot is so blown right now.
[signature]
These were all caught on the famous backstabbers it is one of my go to fly's when it comes the carp, i don't have any pics of it but you can find it on you tube and I tie them in all colors.
[signature]
Thanks! I have seen those. They seem to work as great for you as they show on you-tube.
[signature]
That looks like a ton of fun. Those are some beasts for sure. I'm going to have to make up some of those flies. I'll bet the bass will take a bite of one of those if it swims by as well.

I discovered a small creek with big carp in it up in Cache that I'm going to have to take my 8wt to soon. It will be like creek fishing for trout except that 2+ foot carp are the quarry. I'm not sure if I'll land any, but it will be fun trying [Smile]
[signature]
Just out of curiosity what do you do with the carp afterwords ?

Do you release it or kill it or .... I wanted to head out this weekend and try my hand at carping it but not sure what to do with them after [crazy]
[signature]
I am a big cpr type of person but there allot of people that disagree with that when it comes to carp just because of what they can do to the echo system. Utah lake is proof on what they can do to the system but I will let the DWR take care of that so I just Catch Photo Release and do it all again I am definitely addicted to carpin they are like tanks on the end of your line so hold and enjoy the ride.
[signature]
I agree with ya on the cpr even for carp. Yes people think that it's crazy but there are a number of good reasons for it. #1 You are in no way going to eraditcate the carp by having fishermen kill them. #2 It's just discusting to arrive at a fishing spot to get a huge whiff of a dead carp that someone just killed and left on the bank. #3 Once you catch a huge carp that gives you the fight of your life on a fly rod you'll be less inclined to end the fish's life. Why not release it to fight another day?[fishon]
true on that, i feel the same way
ill bet those carp put up one hell of a fight, especially on a fly rod
[signature]