Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tying issue
OK, maybe a dumb question but I just got done tying up a dozen maribou jigs, a dozen pistol petes (for a friend), and a dozen zebra midges. Well if that was not enough work I ran into a ton of problems with my hands and fingers.

I work with my hands all day at my job and they get pretty beat up. I try to file/sand them down with the different stone files and such that the wife has bought me and I even try to lotion them to get them smooth but I still break off thread and even can cut a wire wrap by running it by a finger. [Image: icon_sad.gif]

I guess I can work with the issue but was wondering if the lotions would affect my tyes by adding scent to them? I try to wash my hands after the lotions/ointments but I know that the scent is still there. Anyone else have this issue/concern or any comments on this?
[signature]
I do lawn sprinklers and work in the dirt and water all day and my hands dry out and crack and stay that way all year long. Last year I bought some boxes of nitril gloves at harbor freight. Put lotion on the hands when i wear them and cloth gloves over them and they pretty much stay smooth and they feel so much better My crew is always wearing them now and the wives are happier. Also tying flies is alot smoother. I don't know what you do but if you can try it I think you should even if you do it after work i think the lotion and gloves are
[signature]
I agree with Poky. Or get some cotton gloves and put some Vasoline on your hands, cover with cotton gloves and go to bed. Nice and smooth next morning.
[signature]
try some gold bond medicated or cornhuskers with the gloves as FG and Pokymon suggested...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]