Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will we ever gain access back to Weber along I-84
Well it's been a few years now since they put up double layers of barbed wire fences and took away access to the lower Weber River because supposedly the paint ballers were causing too much damage. This kind of treatment reminds me of the mentality some teachers had in grade school, "punish them all because one person messed up". It seems a crying shame that there are miles of fishable river close to where I live and because someone with power decides to flex their muscles I have to drive to Morgan or over to the Ogden River to do a little fly fishing. Not to mention that HB-0129830218102 thingamajig they pulled barring access to fish most smaller streams. Frankly I'm sick of it. If there are any politicians reading this (which I doubt) quit with the political big business crap and serve the people who voted you into office. I'd love to hear what my fellow bfters opinions are on this issue. There are a lot of fishermen here in Utah so I say we use our vote next election to show our appreciation to how our representatives have voted on fishing related issues.
according to weber county (you can call the sherrif amd ask them about it) they will most likely not remove the fences. there was of course the paint ballers that you know of, but did you know someone was either fishing or playing paint ball down there and pulled out onto 84 blindly, caused a wreck and killed a woman (or hurt her very bad i cant recall which).
[signature]
i agree. they got to figure out something to allow us to fish those water and others that are blocked to fishing. its confusing with private property like what is and what is not fishable. one yr u can fish it then next u cant. they need to pull there heads out of each others @$% and figure out how we can fish with out having to look around and make sure ur not traspassing
[signature]
The politicians are to busy passing message bills to be bothered by the people of Utah.
Latest one makes gold and silver legal tender like thousands of us were just waiting for that[:|]. Even if you're heavily into precious metals you'll probable sell separately from making a purchase. Pretty unfriendly to bussiness owners as if someone actually brings you precious metals you have another hassle/expense dealing with the exchange: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/...al-tender/
At least the state gun thing wasn't another expense for bussiness.
Hey maybe they'll sponsor an official state of Utah fishing rod[crazy] to make all us forget about the fact that they seized our rights to fish in much of the state.
[signature]
If you want access to that area, and other areas as well, go here:

http://utahstreamaccess.org/

Maybe even consider donating to help with the costs associated with the two law suits the organization has already filed to get these rights back for you.

They're not going to give it back to us just because we ask.
[signature]
[quote TS30]If you want access to that area, and other areas as well, go here:

http://utahstreamaccess.org/

Maybe even consider donating to help with the costs associated with the two law suits the organization has already filed to get these rights back for you.

They're not going to give it back to us just because we ask.[/quote]
I second that. (the +1 crap is so you-know-what)
And come November, vote the bastards out. Time for the good ole boys network to come to an end. Right Mr. Noel, McKiff?
[signature]
Weber Pathways is working on securing easements and purchasing land to get the trail in place from the Riverdale City offices to the mouth of Weber Canyon. Here is a link which talks about it:
http://www.weberpathways.org/projects_we...arkway.asp

Leechman
[signature]
That is great news! Hope it gets done sooner that later.
You guys are complaining about the wrong people. The fences along the lower Weber are the result of the Federal Government. It is a federal law that one can't park alongside the freeway. Uncle Sam threatened to withold money from the state funds until the fences were installed and the law enforced. Our state reps can do nothing about federal law!
[signature]