Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a gamefish not on this site
Just looked everywere,it was a nice surprise to see I've caught the only yellowfin Mojarra,All I wanted was to compare sizes ,I can't even find a pic of the world record one of 2 lb,someone please help.I'd like to see more of these fish caught.After all, they are gamefish,he took a good hundred yards of my 10lb test.I was just turning pro then,.,maybe its just cause they are not found up north were most you guys are from?anyway, I consider it a rare catch,and one of my best fishing memories.....respect your fellow fishermen.....after all, they will "change our future"[fishin]
[signature]
You probably won't find too many pictures of those. They rarely get larger than 12" in length, and are not a prized fish in regards to table fare. If I caught one, i'd probably use it as bait, rather than take a picture. [Wink]
[signature]
On the Coast of Colombia in cartagenia,they fried them whole,man with some white rice,lime,fried plantain,and to drink,a cervesa,I can go for a fried Moharra rite now.[Image: happy.gif]I wonder if bone fish will bite cut ballyhoo?I wonder if they have the same diet,thats what I got the Mojarra with anyway..Allways check your lines...Paulpro..So, I sudgest you fry one, really...[Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]
They probably aren't bad to eat, no doubt. They aren't found off my coast though.

I've got a rule. If I can't fillet it, and have a boneless and skinless slab of meat afterwards, it doesn't go in the box. I also don't keep things that are time consuming to clean, like TRIGGER FISH! Holy crap, I HATE cleaning triggerfish.

I'm not a big fan of cleaning the east coast version of Sheepshead either, but i've got a buddy that can make short work of them with an electric fillet knife. I suck with an electric fillet knife, and working them over with a standard blade, no matter how sharp, is a pain. So, I normally toss them back too. LOL! [:p]

We usually come back with a few Kings, grouper, seabass, cobia....something like that. Something that fillet's or steaks out clean, and pound for pound has the most eatible meat per fish. In other words, I'd rather clean one 30 pound cobia than 30 yellow tail snapper. That's time managment, catch big fish, and you don't need to keep as many. [cool]
[signature]
Allright,..I got a sheapshead and fillet it just like I would a tilapia, skinned it first.had it with snook,I was so hungry, I could hardly tell the difference. I must admit, I'd rather catch 2lb Mojarra than 2lb cuda.Ever eaten cuda? I know they smell like a gar fish,very strong smell, anyway,we've been thinking of keeping sm cudas?In this last pic something nearly bit my cudas tail off,maybe a bigger cuda or big snapper? I casted him back out on another rod but got zilch.nice cuda,used a leader?here are a couple of our cudas, no leader,we use chrome spoons,cudas are scary.I soeered one at the Fl.keys and noticed I was being followed,by many,including a 4footer,or 5 'er.in about 30feet of water.I was far from boat.I ended up taking it off my sling,lets just say,I booked it from there.I made a v line back to boat.I counted up to 20 underneath me.including that big guy.I will never spear a cuda again.
[signature]
Quote:[#008000]If I caught one[/#008000], i'd probably use it as bait, rather than take a picture. [Wink]
Took me a while to come up with this one[Image: bobwink.gif]

Just remember,first you have to catch one lol. [#008000]there are no ifs or buts in fishing.

[/#008000][#000000]Paul from FL,no hard feelings right[/#000000]
[signature] P.S. Hey Tarpon did you get your 4 stroke fixed,actually,was there anything wrong with it after all.I remeber you had a reverse issue with the motor kicking up or something?