Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Snapper Galore!
I took the Long Beach Sportfishing halfday boat today and have to say that the fishing was fantastic. I used some surfleaders that have the loops for two leaders and a weight at the bottom and that seemed to work great. People who only had one hook just didn't seem to catch as much. I was bringing in two at a time. They dont fight much, but they taste good. The bait that seemed to work best was squid cut into 2 in strips. I caught 13 snappers and came home with about 5 lb of fillets. [Smile] My dad who was with me, and was using the same type of rig, caught about the same amount as me. We also caught 5 whitefish between the two of us. Id have to say that at least 65 snappers and 20 whitefish were brought on board.
[signature]
You mean MARINA Sportfishing right?? DOnt get them and LONG BEACH SPORT FISHING BERTH 55 Confused, berth 55 is better and marina sportfishing is owned by RAINBOW harbor sportfishing, home of the queerpoint etc. I don't want to be associated with those rainbow lovers over there! [cool]

aaron
[signature]
It wasnt the berth 55 boat, the boat was called "the city of long beach." It goes out of the marina close to the Seal Beach Pier.
[signature]

Hey there BFFG,

Good Job! Glad to hear the trip was a success. I was worried a little. Do you know what area you were fishing? What might have been the water depth and temperature?

JapanRon
[signature]
Hi there JapanRon, I have no idea what the water temperature was next time I'll take a thermometer[:p] I have a way of guessing how deep it was. My reel holds 350 yards of line and it was about one fifth of my spool to the bottom. Hmmmm. Math.[crazy] I think it was about 210 feet deep or 70 yards. I don't know what the exact area was but I can describe it to you. The boat went aboat 8 miles straight out towards catalina and we fished within sight of some oil rigs. I hope that helps. [Smile]
[signature]