Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question for TubeDude
Hi Pat,

I have an older MinnKota 30 Endura trolling motor, when I say older, I bought it new around 2003.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to turn the head around. There's a screw just under the head, I took the nut off but it doesn't seem to want to budge.

Thanks! FT
======================
I found out how to do it. Only problem is this: The nut sits in a recessed area on only one side of the head. Off to Home Depot to get a longer screw and a washer. Hopefully, this will work. Over time, I hope it won't crack the plastic head.
==========================
Update: Didn't have to trek to Home Depot. The internet is great! I found the answer- just turn the screw around. Duh. Got it done.

FT
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Sorry I didn't respond quicker. Comcast was messin' wit' me and wouldn' let me play on my 'puter.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Glad you got it figured out. The rotating of the head should be simple but can be complicated by having an older or different model. Still, most makes allow the rotation with only simple tools. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hope it works out okay. If all else fails use lots of duct tape and PVC.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I have actually been toying with the idea of drilling a new set of holes to mount the head at a 45 degree angle off center. That would allow me to operate the handle out away from the seat a bit better. I honestly don't think it looks like a big challenge.
[signature]
That could work.
[signature]