Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber last wednesday
I hit the weber around 730am and by 8 I had 5 landed so I knew it was goin to be a great day.but didn't think I was going to have my heart broken.I ended up with 10 browns 1 rainbow and about 15 white but lost about 10.nothing that was landed was bragging worthy.but the one I lost made me fall to my knees screaming no.I saw my strike bobber go down so I set the hook and thought crap a snag.then it started moving and I thought great a log or something.it was just dead weight, then I notice I it was actually swimming.when I saw what I hook I was like holy holy holy crap.it was about 7 or 8 lb brown just massive.I first noticed the tail the because the water was nice and clear I saw the hooked jaw.so I took my time and fought it for 5 min just to watch it swim away and I feel to my knees.I did everything I could right, when it went I let out line but there's nothing I could do but wave bye and tell her I will be back.I know where she is and now I seek revenge.next time I'll land her.I have pics but will post them when I get to my computer.
[signature]
Sounds like you had a blast! Ive been dying to get up there. Hows the water level? I took a raft down the weber with some friends about 3 weeks ago and it was still moving pretty fast. Haven't been up since.
[signature]
Still I little high but good flows nothing to fast.great time for fishing
[signature]
Sucks that it got off, it happens...lots of big boys in that river, good luck with the next one!
[signature]
Cool!! I'll try to get up there.

Anyone that might want to meet up and hit the Weber next week send me a PM.
[signature]