Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 DAYS............
..............I might not have any fingernails left by then............heading to cabelas in a minute got get some last minute stuff.
[signature]
Somebody's got buck fever! haha[sly]
[signature]
Best of luck! I'll be chasing mulies with my bow myself, but I have to wait for the weekend. Hopefully my spot won't be plundered by then. Are you after deer or elk this time?
[signature]
heading for elk. buti will have my deer tags on me. i tree stand hunt whitetails with my bow in november. rutting bucks are to much fun.
[signature]
awesome! rumor has it that there's plenty of elk up north, even if it's steep and bushy! Good luck!
[signature]
Are you hunting Palouse elk, or are you going for the ones down in your area? Good luck!
[signature]
palouse elk!!!!!!close to where im at is the waha zone and there is no general archer season for it. just a draw rifle hunt. wich sucks and i dont quite understand why it is that way. oh well there are some big bulls on the palouse. i know i have seen them. even called one in last september almost got to let an arrow fly at him but he hung up at 60 yards.
[signature]
Well, you're 6 days into it. We're waiting for pictures! Or are you to the point you want to borrow my trail cam?
[signature]
lol! no i have only been out 3 times so far and i have seen elk every time i have been out. my buddy shot a small 6x6 opening day that came in screaming but other than that they have not been responding to calls very well. still to early. yesterday i saw a monster 6x6 hitting water early in the morning. tried to get close to him and give him some cow calls but he easily out hiked me up the mountain.[Tongue] i havnt done to much photography like i normally do but my elk camp is coming up the 15th through the 20th and i will take plenty of pics for you guys.
[signature]
Oh yeah, man, take lots of pics! Nice, terrain specific pics so that I can go clean up during rifle season! [Wink]

Actually, I can't decide between heading to SE Idaho or staying on the Palouse for elk. I'm just now finding the time to scout a little up here while I carry a shotgun for turkey.

Anyway, good luck, let us know how you do, and don't you all go take down a bunch of spikes!
[signature]
no spikes for this guy!!!!!! branch antlered bull only. Sad to say but this time i am trophy hunting!!!!!! first time in my life. any ways leaving thursday and will be there till tuesday. and i will not have pictures that you can find where im hunting besides all this country looks the same anyways.
[signature]