Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost Cobia: SW FL Fishbuster Dave
[cool][font "Arial"][size 2]I fished with Chris & Lissa Dillon on Monday. We used live shrimp, a few miles off the Registry Resort, and caught twelve keeper mangrove snapper, grunts, porkfish, and released blue runners. We saw a couple of cobia, which I spotted last week also,[/size][/font][font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]but so far, I’d had no bites from them: That changed on Wednesday, when I fished in 60-65 feet with Tybe Larson, and friends, Troy & Mark. We started the day in 65 feet, around Horseshoe Ledge. We caught and released at least fifty amberjack to 20 inches there, along with gag and red grouper shorts, some just a tad short of keeper. We also released yellowtails to 11 inches, as well as keeper-sized mangrove snapper & triggerfish. Then we moved to a wreck, and fished with live blue runners in 60 feet. That wreck was loaded with cobia—We spotted nine of them to over 50 pounds. We had four of them boatside, but they broke the lines and got away. One was about 30 pounds, and broke away just inches from being boated. We had two fun battles with goliath grouper there too. Find complete info and fish photo album at [/size][/font][url "http://www.fishbustercharters.com/"][font "Arial"][#0000ff][size 2]www.fishbustercharters.com[/size][/#0000ff][/font][/url]
[signature]