Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Labor day wknd
Spent the weekend with my wife out at Strawberry and fishing seemed to be getting really good. we averaged 9-10 fish a day. caught half of them tube jigging at about 32 feet and the other half trolling flatfish on lead line about 5 colors out. there were tons of people there this weekend! I really think something needs to be done at Strawberry Bay Boat ramp to help control the unnecessary population. I am so tired of fighting my way through all the people trying to catch Crawdads just to load my boat at the end of the evening, also, people need to realize that the boat ramp is no place for kids to play, especially during the most busy time of night, its only a matter of time before a major accident occurs there. Anyways, heres a few pics.
[signature]
I agree nothing like fighting your way through a bunch of UFO's (unidentified foreign objects) trying to get off and on your boat.
[signature]
Nice catch....glad to see there were no Chubs to speak of. That marina can get pretty crazy sometimes....maybe it needs to be like Mantua...where fishing is not allowed on or near the docks/ramp. Maybe not. Strawberry and East Canyon seem to be loaded with Crawdad fisherman...which is just fine with me...considering the fact that I am mostly after Bass and Trout and anything else that swims with fins. Happy fishing out there.
[signature]
[#000000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Glad you got into some fish! Strawberry's been pretty tough this year, so 9 or 10 fish per day isn't too bad, especially if you had a great day doing it. As for the kids and crawdad fishers on the docks, I do love to see them having fun, but sometimes they can be a pain if they won't get out of the way when we're trying to launch or retrieve and we really need to use a particular spot on the dock. If they move out of my way when I need them to, no problem. BTW, I NEVER go somewhere like Strawberry on a major holiday, but that's just me, I hate crowds. I even avoid weekends. Let's hope the fishing IS picking up at the Berry, it's the best. Thanks for posting the pics. [/size][/font][/#000000]
[signature]