Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC Bassin
Hit Dc this morning with my buds Dillon and Marc. It was freezing when we arrived just before sun rise but we ventured out anyway. We started fishing spinner baits on the north side, and Marc hookep up with a lil largie right away (also his first LMB ever!). We stopped for a quick photo and continued on casting into every pocket we saw with no result for about an hour. We then headed over by the train tracks and I popped another largie right away. We worked the east side the rest of the day and managed 7 small mouth with the biggest at 11 inches. The lake got routy around noon so we headed home. Although the fish were all small it was still fun! i caught all of my fish on the same pumpkin and green speckled football jig, marc caught his on spinner baits, and dillon caught all of his on a jointed brown rapala. All fish were released to be caught another day.
[signature]
Nice to get a 1st for someone in the group. Thanks for the detailed report. From what I heard of my friend the trout fishing had slowed a bit on that water. I told him "what about the bassin?" Now I know thanks to you.

I saw the "smoke on the water" in one of those pics. I guess it is that time of year. At willard it was cool to see it on the water with a head lamp in the middle of the night.
[signature]
Has anybody managed to catch any bigger fish in DC? i have no problem with numbers but i would like to get into some bigger ones.
[signature]
Nice to see some LMB's being caught at Deer Creek. Anyone's 1st LMB is always sure to bring a Smile to their face. Thanks for your post. Keep up the great DC work guys.
[signature]