Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorge Friday Night/WOW!
[shocked]Made it to the gorge last night with Fishley, the guy really knows his ling fishing. Started to snow just after dark and ended up with about 6 inches of snow before it stopped. The weather made it tough but we still ended up with 71 ling and 2 rainbows.

Can't say enough about Ashley, heck of a great guy and knows what he's doing. He has a real passion for keeping the ling under control to preserve the fishery up there.

The man knows how to Gitr-done, THANKS for an awesome adventure and all the fish filets in my freezer Ash.[Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink]
[signature]
Sounds like a great trip, thanks for sharing.
[signature]
I think that as long a Fishley keeps his residence in the Manila area, those burbot haven't a chance.
[signature]
How are the ling to eat what do they taste like?
[signature]
It's the freshwater version of Cod basically. Also called poor mans lobster. Everyone that I have met that has eaten them say they are amazingly delicious. I can't wait to ice fish the gorge in the near future. I'm stoked!
[signature]
Hey good luck on the ice. Wish it wasn't so far away for me and I'd give it a try. Sure had a fun day trip there in August with my Dad and brother. Need to try that again next summer it was great. Thanks for the info. J
[signature]
Great catch! I went last weekend with him and it was so much fun catching ling from the boat at night! I'll bet Ash was a tired puppy after cleaning all those slimers...
[signature]
Nice report PH, did you guys catch any over 30"? From the sounds of it, you will be eating ling for many months to come[Wink]. I'm going to guess that you will be cooking them with several different methods, if you find one that is better than the others please let us know, I need to try another method[Tongue].
WH2
[signature]
great night thanks guys, glad we made it out even with the weather. it was well worth it! sorry the pics I got aint the best!
[signature]
they caught several over 32''! seems the bigger ling are 30''-34''[shocked]
[signature]
A pic I missed! let er snow!
[signature]
That's a hell of a night!
[signature]
Have you tryed them yet? Thats the best part about a ling![Wink]
[signature]
[Wink]I have not tried eating them yet but Brian(icejunky) cooked some up last night and he said they were fantastic, just fried them in olive oil with some seasonings too.

I haven't recovered from the trip enough to cook anything. From the time it all begain 8:00 am friday until I finally got to bed 9:15 pm saturday, it was 37 hours without any sleep, kinda hard on me. Well worth it though, just need to stay in a hotel next time instead of driving up, fishing, driving back and then take care of things when I got home.

The pictures are fine Ash, look good to me. I like the snow picture too, that was pretty hardcore fishing and I enjoyed every second of it. Thanks again

Those of you that live far away from the gorge are crazy not to go slam those lings when you have a chance it's a great time. I'll definitely do it again.
[signature]
We drove from north ogden and it was a 3 hour ride going through Green River, not bad except for coming home on the icey interstate.[fishin]
[signature]
Had an awesome time fishin with my dear frend perchound and capt.Ash. He knows how to put you on burbout and let the good time roll.Ash knows the lake probally better than the back of his own bear paw of a hand .Thanks Ash it was a great time ,we'll see ya agin.I totally enjoyed the fishing trip, even with the snow.
[signature]
great times! big bucks and a boat load of burbot even with the snow made it a night I will not soon forget! thanks again guys it was great fishing with you cant wait to hit it again!hey we need to change your handle from icejunkie to FISHHOG!LOL you boys got some fishing skill's made my job easy thanks!
[signature]
[Wink]We have a few fishin skills, but we don't have any cooking skills and the burb's still taste great. Fried them up tonight and they were awesome bro, can't wait to get back up there again. I hope I can make it before the ice comes on, that was the real deal. Lot's of fish, lots of fun, thanks Ash.
[signature]
we are getin some ice up at firehole we fished last night and it was slow caught 13 in 2 hrs and the snow and wind kicked us off the pond early. I told you boys you would love them! we can do 100fish nights on the ice so think about that to? wont be but a couple more weeks![cool]
[signature]
nice!!!! good news.
[signature]