Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrapping up the hopper season
Headed back south to fish the Wash this weekend. SW Utah had several nights with frost in the past week so wasn't sure if any of the wildflowers or hoppers would still be around. Most were gone but a few of the flowers and more importantly hoppers were still around. Picked up a couple dozen on a single size 10 hopper in the afternoon. Fishing was steady for mostly 9-12 inch bows. Beautiful warm autumn day. The solitude and scenery more than made up for the small size fish. The last picture is just south of the Utah border. The sign gives away were I was fishing but I got a laugh out it so and thought I'd include it. Since I was fishing in Utah that narrows it down to somewhere along the 35 miles from the Nevada border to the Arizona border the Wash runs through Utah.
[signature]
Dept of fishing and drinking! Thanks for that.
[signature]
I thought that's where you'd been fishing. Looks like a beautiful day to be out. It sure beats the frozen, foggy blah up here in Cache.
[signature]
Love the sign! "Irrational Recreation Area" for sure!

And ......sigh...... flowers, sun, hoppers, and trout!!! Thanks for bringing hope back into the world. [cool]
[signature]