Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MI posts
Whats with the Michigan fisherpeople? I moved from MI to Utah about 20 years ago.I thought that the Fisherpeople in MI would be all over this great website.It is a great place to give and get info about fishing,or sell stuff.
Fishcrazy in Utah
[signature]
THERE OUT THERE FISHING ! LOL .
YA GOTTA REMEMBER MICHIGAN IS A "UNION " STATE . MOST OF THE MENTALITY IS GEARED TO BEING PART OF A SPECILISED GROUP , I MYSELF ENJOY ALL KINDS OF FISHING AND DON'T FEEL THE NEED TO LIMIT MYSELF TO SPECIALTY FISHING .
ONCE MORE PEOPLE START SEEING US AROUND AND FIGURING OUT THAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT GETTING THE BEST INFO AVAILIBLE , FOR EVERYONE , THEY WILL COME .
WHERE YOU LIVING AT NOW ? I'M CENTRAL MICHIGAN .
[signature]
Hi Lonehunter-I'm in Salt lake city,but I fish all over the state.Got some great fishing here.I tell people everywhere about BFT.My son is on now,"Steelfishin" maybe he will turn some others on.[laugh]
[signature]
fantastic !
if he can get to the foote dam during this week he can get some salmon without the crouds !
i was there today again , the first run of fish are in !
yeeee haaaaaaaaaa !
[signature]
Lone hunter

Heading out today to the betsie. I am from Ann Arbor I have a friend up there now who says he landed a few at betsie r dam but the river near grace road (up and down)was still cloudy should be fine by today or tommorow.
Has any one herd anything from Frankeinmouth or the saginaw? they should be hot right about now.
[signature]
I dont know about northern michigan, but the cost of living in the southern part of the state has gotten so high that most anglers are working 2 jobs just so they can own a fishing and hunting license.[crazy]

Southern michigan at one time was an outdoor wonderland, now it is full of yuppies and rich people who do not relish the attitude of gathering your dinner from nature, (like it came form any where else)[crazy]

there was a time when you would have to take a number to find a place to stand on any river, as a youth there was hardly a day when I would go out when I would not run in to another angler, and our community bulitten board was a hand full of rocking chairs in the local bait shop where the guys gathered and shaired their lies with the store keepers who actualy had time to sit in on the bull slinging.[sly]

them days in my area are long since past, all the big chain stores have flushed out the majority of the mom and pop bait and tackle shops. now if they dont have an angle on the game they cant compete.[Sad]

strangly enough on top of this there is still some ressistance twards computers here in michigan amonst anglers. but dont fret, it is slowly comming along.[cool]
[signature]
I'VE BEEN STEALHEAD FISHING FOR A FEW YEARS , BUT I RANK MYSELF AS A BEGINNER .

FISHED FLATROCK QUITE A FEW TIMES WHEN I LIVED DOWNRIVER, BUT ONLY WHEN I COULD SQUEESE SOME TIME IN FOR IT .

UP HERE , WELL , I'M IN THE STICKS , SUROUNDED BY WOODS , PLENTY OF SMALL LAKES AND TROUT STREAMS . WHEN THE STEEL RUNS , I'M OFF TO THE EAST OR WEST SIDE , TRING OUT ANY WATER THAT HAS THEM . I'TS FUN !

YOU LET ME KNOW IN ADVANCE AND I'LL TRY TO MEET YOU FOR SOME FISHING .

YOUR PAL AL .
[signature]
THE SAGANAW RIVER HAS A FISH PLACE THAT NETS THE RIVER ! THEY DO THIS DURING WALLEYE SEASON TOO !

YOU WOULDN'T BELIVE THE AREAS THE DNR "RENTS OUT " TO THE BIG COMERCIAL FISHING CORPS DURING THE SPAWN RUNS , RIGHT UP TO THE RIVERS MOUTH IN SOME CASES .
[signature]
we got the same thing right here on the au sable river .... if you never seen it i have too show you....funny how the DNR can tell the power companys when too open and close the dams ...wtf
[signature]
I DIDN'T KNOW THAT . MAKES YOU WONDER WHAT OTHER THINGS THEY KEEP OUT OF THE PUBLICS KNOWLEDGE .
[signature]
GOOD MORNIN' TO YOU BUDDY , I HOPE YOU GET TO ENJOY THE DAY ! I THOUGHT OF PLAYING HOOKIE FROM WORK , BUT IT'S PAYDAY !

YA EVER NOTICE THAT NOBODY EVER MISSES PAYDAY ? LOL !

I'M HITTING THE LOCAL STREAMS TONIGHT , GETTING SOME FLY TIME IN BEFORE THE ARM GETS RUSTEY . WATCHA DOING TONIGHT ?
[signature]

[signature]
well ..i have too work till about 3 ..but after that i can fish ....
[signature]
no fishing tonight for me , one of those pin-striped racing cats got the dog this morning , p.u.!

i'm pretty darn luckey it was warm out today , we let the house air out .

ya' going out for the bass ? gotta keep those skills sharpened !

i saw the honorable mention of your's and vera's standings this season , great job !
[signature]
hahaha thanks ..didnt do too bad this year ..won a few bucks ...im going out for anything that bites my hook
[signature]

THE DATE SAYS MAY ..BUT IM NOT SURE OF THAT....HAHAHAHAHA
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=984;]
[signature]