Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rainbow trout help!
hey guys i need help.... ive been trying to catch some rainbows with no luck.... ive been using trout dough... they recently planted some rainbow in our local lake... my question is will spooners work on rainbows and can you rig a spooner with plastics or trout dough??
[signature]
On open water i would just throw out some green or orange power bait off the bottom. I know in the local ponds near me it doesnt work to well but if you use a bubble and keep it off the ground and let it drift it produces alot better!
[signature]
When you say trout dough are you talking about floating powerbait, and if so how are you rigging it up? Also, what pound test line are you using and what size hooks? Spinners and spoons will work on rainbows, but they don't always work. If there is a lot of growth in the lake that can present a problem with lures...Also can present a problem with bait. Rainbows are most likely to hit your bait if they can see it, so make sure the bait is not hidden in the growth. To answer your question, yes you can tip lures with bait. My favorite is salmon eggs, because they leave a scent trail in the water and can possibly entice fish to come up to your lure.
[signature]
Put on a bobber [Image: happy.gif]. have about 20'' of line coming down from it. Have a trebble hook at the end of it. Use minnows. Hook the minnow right beneath the spine. If done right the minnow will be fine and swim around attracting big rainbows to it. Last time i did this we caught a 23'' Rainbow. oh also put a splitshot right below the bobber this will keep the bobber out their longer so you wont have to cast out so often.
[signature]