Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mosquito Lagoon 2/3
I couldn't sleep this morning so I headed out early. I was the first one there and got the Primo Spot! The first fish was a 6 pound, 25" trout! (Which was released.) I haven't caught one that big in over a year!
[url "http://www.isaa.cc/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=12483"][Image: post-206-0-55288500-1328283614_thumb.jpg][/url]
Boats started showing up as I caught 6 reds (three rats and a 24, 21 and a 22 incher) and another trout (19"). All fish except one hit live shrimp.
[url "http://www.isaa.cc/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=12484"][Image: post-206-0-79524100-1328283747_thumb.jpg][/url]
[url "http://www.isaa.cc/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=12485"][Image: post-206-0-33230800-1328283787_thumb.jpg][/url]

The blood on the deck came from a 19" trout that swallowed a circle hook. It came home for smoked trout dip.
[signature]
Those fish are pitiful. I feel I can do better than that.
[signature]
Well actually I know I can do better,but do think you can do better than this,back to back full stringers[cool].[inline "key biscayne trout.jpg"][inline "fullstringer trout.bmp"]There is just no way you can compete with this,20"1/2 was that fatty .You can see downtown miami in the background,S.Fl.wintertime at its peak,consider this a free fishing lesson[shocked]
[signature]
I've been fishing for 62 years. what do you think.
[signature]
Paul, Frank and I have been buddy boating for many years. I wud never tell a stranger smething like that. Right now Frank and I are getting shrimp trying to fill our freezers up. When the shrimp stop running we'll go back to fishing. But Frank still has a business to run. Redfish move around a lot. And frank will call me to find my spots. He needs to know where the fish are. Not good to take customers out and catch nuttin. I wud say Frank is well worth the money.
[signature]
Nice stringer full Paul!
[signature]
Congrats on your retirement,you know I had a feeling you all are[fishin] pals.P.S.I caught most my trout with those razorworms,salted and unsalted,in calm days I use little weight,a 1/32 ounce bullet weight and a reg bass worm hook size 1/0.
[signature]
Yes Captain.Captain,did the trout shut down,I saw alot of boats in my areas,and catching zero now,was it just for that short time,or will these cold fronts bring them back,other words,can I expect to catch more in the same area this winter[:/]
[signature]
The old saying is..."when a cold front is in Texas, the fishing is good in Florida."

When a cold front comes thru the barometer goes high and the fish get lock jaw. Give it a couple days for the pressure to stabilize and the fish will start feeding again.
In the winter use small baits and slow down the presentation.

Good luck, and make the next cast like you're aiming at a trophy!
[signature]
Does that apply in Slippery Creek?
[signature]