Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Officially addicted to streamers, great day on the Logan!
I seem to have an obsession with streamers this year and have been fishing them A LOT more lately. Even been getting into tying some big ones and it sure paid off today! Haven't had much luck on the Logan since I moved up here but I headed out today to a spot I've been wanting to check out for some time now. It was some fishy lookin water and I was determined to catch some fish on my home-tied streamers. I started out with a sculpin pattern and landed one on that, just a little guy.
[inline IMG_0534.JPG]
Moved around the corner to a really nice hole where I lost a few and decided to tie on a bigger articulated pattern I had recently tied. Few casts later landed this nice 16 in cutthroat.
[inline IMG_0538.JPG]
Landing this fish had already made my day but it only got better from there. I was able to move a ton of fish for the next couple hours, calling them up from depths and watching them chase down and inhale my fly. Missed a lot of takes but still landed about 20 including my biggest fish yet on a fly rod, this 20.5 in brown!
[inline IMG_0545.JPG]
It sure is a great feeling to have a hard time netting a fish because its almost as long as the net itself! As i moved further upstream the fishing continued to be productive, as the population of browns declined the cutties increased and they were just as willing to attack my beefy fly.
[inline IMG_0547.JPG]

[inline IMG_0550.JPG]
As the sun disappeared behind the mountain the fishing slowed so I started the long walk back. Stumbled across a devoured moose carcass the coyotes had been picking at, their tracks were everywhere.
[inline IMG_0552.JPG]

[inline IMG_0553.JPG]

This will definitely be one of my most memorable fishing trips and I have found a spot I will continue to visit in search of more big fish. And I am now officially addicted to streamer fishing to say the least. The takes are exciting to watch and feel, the flies are fun to tie, and the increase in size of the average fish doesn't hurt one bit! [Wink] Definitely ready to make a trip to some big fish waters this summer in search of a trophy!

Here's a couple of streamers Ive tied recently, the third one with the woolhead did the damage today.
[inline IMG_0532.JPG]
[signature]
Great post! And those are some good looking trout and streamers. Thanks for sharing[Smile]
[signature]
That's awesome. That 20.5" is a monster for The Logan. I keep meaning to try some streamers up there, but I just keep using the old standard dry/dropper rig. Looks like I really need to give it a try.
[signature]
Nice work. I always love it when cutties take streamers.
[signature]
Makes me want to try fly fishing again. Great post. Best I have seen in a while on the fly board.
[signature]
Thanks for the post.

Great pics and I love seeing the fly pics too.
[signature]