Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Report Tibble Fork
This is my first report, and I don't know that much about fly fishing but I enjoy it greatly and hope to become a guide when I am older. I was taught how to fly fish two years ago in Montana by my dad's friend who helps me out greatly. Now to my report. I went to Tibble Fork with my dad this afternoon. We went to where the water runs into the lake on the west side. I used a BWO size twenty, and that seemed to be the ticket. I caught four, lost three to my lack of setting the hook, and missed probably 15 hits. It was very fun to get the feel back since I haven't caught a fish since January of this year, being skunked on my last three or four trips. All of the fish were browns in the 6 to 10 inch range.
[signature]
least you got out and about and had fun doing it
[signature]
Welcome to BFT, and congratulations on a fun trip! Thanks for sharing it.
[signature]
That is great. I was close to trying that place on the fly myself.
[signature]
Welcome FlyKid. You going to the Wasatch Expo this weekend?

BWO and Adams are my go to dries for T. On a 2wt. they feel like hogs...LOL Maybe see you up there.
[signature]
yes, I will hopefully be going tonight, if not definitely tomorrow. I didn't get to use my new 2wt this time, but hopefully soon.
[signature]
I would love to meet you. Look for me please.
[signature]
Hey I fish Tibble a lot and could offer some tips. If you go up again PM me and I'll meet you up there and show you some stuff.
I was up there today and caught 15 trout some browns and some bows. All on leeches and hares ears.
[signature]