Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba & Newton Question
A couple of quick questions......

I am going to maybe try Newton this weekend for a little Musky action as the higher temps arrive, anyone have any recent reports or any tips for a shoreline angler up there?

Secondly, I will be in the Yuba area in a couple of weeks, is there any use of putting a line in the water for Pike down there from shore? If so would anyone know where I should focus? I was thinking where the river comes into the resevoir?

Thanks!
[signature]
Right now, the water at Newton is really high. I don't know about the clarity of the water - it has been a burnt orange color, but I didn't get out and look at it the other day. I still think the water is not warm enough to get those muskie really moving. I don't know of anyone who has tried fishing it recently. Good luck if you go!
[signature]
as far as Yuba go's you will have big problems fishing the area where the river runs into the lake. well inless you like catching willow stick up's that is.. lol and the area is all privet [:/].. panted rock or the north state park are about your best bet's right now.. mostley just carp coming out of there right now tho! [:/]...
[signature]
I would fish yuba in the weeds on the north side . I use a chovie, minnow, chub under a bobber on one pole and a floating rainbow colored rapala on the other.

At newton a would try a panther Martin gold blade and I would remove the treble and put a single hook on there. Slow roll it across the bottom. You might do well with a perch jigs too, depending on water temp
[signature]
was at newton saturday the water is high and stained the muskey are not in the shallows yet we only hooked one
[signature]