Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL this morning
I normally don't post about my UL trips anymore, but this rarely happens to me so i figured i'd share. Got to lincoln beach at around nine this morning hoping for some greenfish. I got my first one on my tenth cast, a nice one about 4#. I let her go and continued on. About two casts later i get a solid wack, and figured this must be a big one. I fought it for a minute then when it surfaced i was pleasantly surprised to see a fat toothy critter smiling at me. I fished for a nother half hour and landed another greeny and lost another. I never get walleye when i'm fishing for bass so i just had to share [cool]

oh yeah and all fish were released to fight another day
[signature]
Congrats on the fish, both are very nice fish. The walleye looks to be in great shape. Nicely colored too.
[signature]
Great catch always fun to pull up a suprise in UL.
[signature]
By the looks of that walleye there is no problem with the forage base in UL. Nice catchin and releasin.......Fishon
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]We call those "Emersons"...as is emerson nice fish. Used to be something else in my younger years...but I forgot what they might have been.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Now you too are a member of the vast angling club that has caught a walleye "on accident". Maybe that's only half vast. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The walleye population is getting to be so large that lotsa folks are finding those toothy critters on the end of their line when they were expecting something else.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Nice work.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
That walleye looked awful yummy to me as I was down showering in skunk smell at Lincoln this AM...I offered a Rap-ala if Westonator would let me eat that delicious toothy creature, but he is a fish hugger... and let her go... Sad

I respect that was his call, but my tummy doesn't forgive him...yet Smile

I tease because I care Smile
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Walleye are like a lot of other things in life. The come to us in inverse proportion to our desire to possess them. The harder we try the harder they are to catch.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I used to use that logic whenever the purty girls went with the homeliest dudes.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Keep trying. The ultimate victory makes all the effort so much more rewarding.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Ha ha thanks TD, hopefully one day i will be able to say i caught one out of there entirely on purpose.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Never look a gift fish in the mouth...or smell their breath.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Like they say about other things in life...all good, some better than others.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Looks like the green fish are doing well in UL. Hope they don't drop the water level down too low this year. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thats not always the case or my wife would be a ten!!! [Wink]
[signature]
[quote Dog-lover]Thats not always the case or my wife would be a ten!!! [Wink][/quote]

[cool][#0000ff]Metric?[/#0000ff]
[signature]