Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just heard the sound of ahi"
Someone just came off a 4 Day with a few 100lbs.combined weight of Yellowfin Tuna!, YeeHaa!! but this Booyaa boy,must have taken some advice, and for all,searching for the ranking of the 100lb. CLUB +!Getting Closer,Month By Month! Anybody thats reading this have caught a yellowfin tuna over 60lbs.? If so what kinda' Reel did you use? and what pound test Line?
[signature]
Hey there ROMROFFISHERKING,

You better be thinking about doing all the saltwater fishing you can now as with all the voluenteer work you do during the city lakes trout season you do you'll have little time for the salt!

Seriouslly, many thanks for doing a job that many others with time won't (ya, I'm included, I must sheepishly admit)

4 day my foot! There was an incredible report where a 3/4 day boat out of SD came back with 160 or so yellowfin for 12 or 14 passengers. I'm sure they were smaller schoolies. Still...... You may know this .... Sometimes you'll get an angler vs fish caught report (known limitfor a given fish) and the figures don't jive. Do you know if the boats just throw in the fish the crew caught for themselves in the count? I haven't heard of it being done but....

JapanRon
[signature]
hehe...we do![laugh][laugh][Wink]
[Wink]

joe
[signature]
i got a 167# yellowfin years ago useing a penn 6/0 and 80# mono man i so miss tuna fishing
chris
[signature]
RFK,

I caught this one this summer 69 miles off Orange Beach Alabama. I was fishing Ram Powell, an offshore oil rig. I caught it at night while "chunking" for Blackfins. It was caught on a Penn 975CLS spooled with 40# Tuff Line. It was mated to a 6' custom stand up built by Half Hitch Tackle in Pensacola Fl. It took well over an hour to get to the boat. When your fishing Blacks and the Yellows show up, word to the wise, switch tackle. It weighed 178#s.
Great Job! Chunking is a real "art" if done properly!Looks like you definately are a Graduate of Art School with that Yellow Fat boy!
[signature]