Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Anybody Watching the World Series
If you are watching the world series who are you rooting for. me i am rooting for the marlins i was hoping that the cubs or bo sox made it to the series but sence neither of them did i hope that the yankees loose it is getting old seeing them in the world series every year.
[signature]
yep , I saw the fishy break the line last night in the twelveth.....

2 N 2 grewl mach all the way, makes for a hoooowling halloween.....
[signature]
[crazy] ANYONE BUT THE YANKS AND THE BRAVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FLAGMANONICE.............
[signature]
We had a couple of pretty good threads going when the playoffs started, and then when the Cubs and BoSox were still in it, and then we even had a really good thread about curses, but then when the Sox blew it it pretty much took the wind out of the sails.

Normally I would root for the Marlins over the Evil Empire, but the Marlins aren't the great story that you would think they are. Seeing 64,000 fans all of a sudden show up even if half of them are Yankee fans is wrong. These people weren't rooting for the Marlins down the stretch when they were battling the Phillies for the wild card. Then they beat my Giants and I instantly started hating them.

So basically what you got is one team owned by the former Montreal Expos owner who ran that team into the ground playing in a stadium named after a sports apparel company that's been out of business for 2 years with 30,000+ fans that could of cared less about this team 2 weeks ago playing in it's second world series in as mayny times trying in a brief 11 year period. And their playing against the most shrewdest dispicable owner in sports who will pay twice the amount of payroll as the second highest paying team that wins championships at will.

Go Yankees
[signature]
so let me see if I got this right. you are rootin for the yanks? lol[laugh]

well for the yankies sake I would like to see go to seven games. NY can use the revinue. for other reasons I am rootin fer the yanks as well, mostly if things go well, I will be rootin from south of the mason dixon line next series...[cool]

ya know a man has to live where there is at least one good ball team. (even if they are mediorker, "GO TITIANS"
Yeah, I guess after all that, I'm rooting for the Yankees. How pathetic.[unsure]

Yet in a sick way I can't help, but find a little pleasure watching them struggle. It would be interesting to see what will happen to the Yankees if they lose this series. Will Torre leave? I know Zimmer is leaving. What will the "Boss" do? Go Balistic and fire everyone, then go buy the National League All-Star Team?
[signature]
the yankees suck and the marlins blow . .

take your pick . . .

[mad]

sm
[signature]
Boy if the yanks want this they better pull some magic up in NY cuz the fish only have to win one more and it will all be over.
[signature]
well a know how it goes when you mess around with fish, some days you eat fish, on other days you feed them.[sly]

I think the yanks need to walk out in the back yard and dig up some worms, I see the yanks seem to play better in the rain... lol

now where did I place my ferhers and tom toms....[laugh]
[signature]
Down 3 games to 2 going back to NY the youthful Marlins are poised and ready to go in for the kill. Meanwhile the experienced Yankees shudder at the thought of possible disinigration and certain national ridicule at the hands of their evil owner.[Sad]

The Marlins break-out their ace Josh Beckett, going on 3 days rest while the Yanks pull out an ace of their own in Andy Pettite, to thwart off the Marlin onslaught.

Do the Marlins have what it takes to close out this series? Can the Yanks hang on long enough to claim the prize that is rightfully theirs?

The tension is mounting, the minutes tick away and somewhere off in the distance a dog barks.

Ooooooooooooooh![shocked]

Thanks Dusty and Grady for this riviting World Series![unsure]
[signature]
I guess they aint no stoppin a Big Fish ... lol[sly]
[signature]
No Kidding[pirate]
[signature]