Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Shoe
I finally caught a legal ling cod. The last 3 trips have produced at least 50 lings from 15 inches to 21 inches. Finally a 30 incher bit and I was really lucky as I got him out of a big hangup (What's new). We caught a few reds but no bass. The water cooled off slightly and the surface fishing slowed down a bit. I noticed the sportboat count was pretty good but every sportboat in the area was within 100 yards of each other. They had the place really chummed up, birds everywhere. The tale of the day. I saw a school of yellowtail and a school of bonita circling the LA Bait receiver picking off "dines" that fell from the bait nets on the transfer process. The unfortunate thing is that about 50 other boats saw the same thing. There was no way you could land a yellow or bonita in that mess. My son hooked one that circled at least five boat anchor lines before he could set he hook.
[signature]

Hi therer gvanzant,

Thanks for the report. Must have been frustrating for the anglers hooked up and the crews to get bait and captians trying to keep things organized at the same time. ha ha

Congrats on your Ding-a-Ling-a-Ling! I've caught up to 4 in a row just 1/4 inch short in a day. Cookie-cutters are not fun when they're short!

For others reading this reply to the above report, have you read gvanzant's latest article 'The Incredible Zons'? That's Cabezon! George has put a link to his own corner here at BFT at the bottom of his original post (above)! There's lots of other stories that will make anybody a better angler.

Check it out!

JapanRon
[signature]
Hello GVZ,

Congratulations on the cod. Sorry I missed you again today. I'll call tommorow.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator