Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Castaic fishing report for 10/25
[cool][size 1]Hey there fellow anglers, We got there at our usual time to the Lagoon in search one more time for Moby Dick. The water temp was a cooler 68 degrees inspite of the 100 degree ambient air temp the day before.

There was a slight wind out of the NE at 8mph and zero fish jumping out of the water. There was definitely a clamp put on my flyswatter for the day.

Shortly after sunrise there was 1 lonely blugill that just happened by and took a liking to my sons (TubeNtoo) fishing pole. After determining that a little 4 inch bluegill wasn't quite big enough, he let it go and searched for more.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1350;]

Torpedo Tommy even took the day off. Only one of his smaller cousins was lingering around the dock to check on some of the fingerling planted rainbows.

I don't know exactly why the fish were hiding but I might just blame it on the planes that were flying in to scoop water for the local fires.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1351;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1353;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1354;] [/size]

[size 1][url "http://www.nbc4.tv/news/2583516/detail.html"][Image: 2584497_200X150.jpg][/url]

We left @10:00 the ambient temp was already up to 900degrees. [/size]
[signature]

Hi there tubeN2,

Nice pictures. I can hardly wait till Tommy is caught and photographed. Please be descrete and don't make him feel humiliated other than being caught. ha ha

I'll bet fishies are all glued to the TV worried about thier own back yard...er.....waters.

Sure hope Tommy didn't get accidently scooped up by one of those water carrying helicopters. He may have mistaken them for a giant dragonfly and was ready to pounce.

Great sunsets and sunrises but Sad for all the people newly homeless.

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool]Hey JR, Lucky for me, Tommy is in the Lagoon and they were scooping water from the upper lake. It is kind of hard to see by the pics, but one of them has one plane and one of the others has two planes in it. They are kind of small but I will fix that on the next go around. I just got back from Wallys World with a new binocular/digital camera. It is good for some of the farther shots and has a good memory and resolution.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1357;]

Not too good of a pic but it will have to do for now. I will get some good ones from this new one.
[signature]
nice!!!

I have been eyeballing that camera or one just like it here in mich at my local gandermountain.

I will be waiting with antisapation on the picture results provided by your new toy. I saw one go for clearance for $68 this past spring. I am still kicking my self for not grabbing it.
[signature]
[cool] Hey dave, I picked this one up at Wallys World for 59.00 It works really good. It has two settings for the resolution. I will post some pics from it in a while.
[signature]
do us all a favor when you post a reveiw, when you post it here post it up on hot tackle and tips board. this way more folks will get a chance to see what this baby can do....

thanks.
[signature]
Sure thing dave. Here is just one sample pic. Taken 5 minutes after I bought the camera. It is outside of Wallys World about 1 mile from the fires. The picture was taken from about 200 yds away from the flags.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1389;]
[signature]
wow I would not have thought that wally worls would have been open being so close to the fires.

nice pic, did you do any editing to the pic to post it here, like reducing or cropping? Is that the plain of veiw at 20 yards?

in other words if I were to be looking at a deer at twenty yards and I was looking at a deer through the camers would I be looking at a medow or a deer in a medow?
I had to reduce the size from 600x480 to 400x300. That is not 20yds but 200 yds!!! big difference.

Here is a shot of a street corner at 1/2mile from my house.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1395;]

it is really great. I will send you some more samples of pics if you would like.
[signature]
them clouds in the horizen are they the fire clouds?

sure I would like to see more samples. I wonder how they will work on close up shots like fish, is this strictly a long range shot camera?
[signature]
Those are smoke clouds from the San Bernadino fires. I am west of them.

I will get you some more samples today and get them posted by tonight or tomorrow morning. The camera is designed for a 40 min distance up to your hearts desire. The zoom on it is a 5x. Samples will follow.
[signature]

Here's a different flag at 200ft away. Notice clouds now and no smoke. This is on the lower resolution. Didn't have to modify to fit screen.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1416;]

opposite side of same flag pole. Same distance. same resolution.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1417;]

This is one of CAs new style palm trees with cellular antennas built in. 1/4 mile. low resolution setting.
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1418;]
[signature]
200 feet, wow, a deer can disapere standing still at 200 feet in front of you.

can it take a picutre 3 feet a way from something?
[signature]
thas what i want to know 3' or not

chris
[signature]
It says the recomended distance is 40' on up. But since it is an auto focus it may works. Let me try it out and post some more pics at measured distances.
[signature]