Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Idaho BFT Deer Contest Rules.
1. Every contestant is responsible to obtain the proper idaho hunting licences and tags that are required by Idaho state law to harvest deer.

2. Every deer killed by a team member is worth 5 points, buck or doe. with an extra point awarded for every point on the antlers of a buck exceeding 1 inch. (so if a team mate has an extra doe tag he could potentially get 5 points for a doe and 5 points for a buck plus the extra points for the points on the bucks rack or a teammate could kill two does for a total of 10 points [if the teammates tags permit]).

3. To submit a deer a contestant will have to submit a picture of themselves with the deer. this means the contestant in the picture with the deer. the picture must include the deer body so that no mounts can be entered into the contest. a date on a piece of paper with 2014 written on it must be visible in the picture. bold enough to see in the picture. (so that no deer harvested from the previous years can be submitted.)

4. the team with the most points at the end of the season in Idaho wins!!!!

Prize: the prize for the contest is a surprise.

Disclaimer: this contest is in no way affiliated with bigfishtackle.com.
[signature]
I'd like to propose a change to rule 3. I mean it's completely up to you as far a how you run the contest, but I find it a pain to carry around a note pad and something to write with. I often hunt in very remote places and in inclement weather and I have plenty of stuff to carry and keep track of in the field. Often, when I'm in remote locations, I'll bone out my animal completely, then how do I get a picture with the deer?

I propose that you pick some type of pose that is very specific and can't be mimicked easily or that wouldn't be used for anything other than the contest. For instance, left pant leg rolled up to the knee and hat on the right shoulder (or some other pose, you pick). I could think of a number of poses that wouldn't be duplicated in any picture unless you did it very specifically. A new pose every year.

I'm in either way, but I think a very specific pose would be much more convenient and just as secure for the purposes of stopping someone from cheating. Anyway, I've said my 2 bits. Thanks for running the contest.
[signature]
That is interesting and far easier. Want to have a vote on it?
[signature]
Works for me.
[signature]
I am in it for the fun .I don, t care how you want to do it. Last year my son in law shot a great 4 point the same day I shot my forkhorn . I could have cheated . Thats just not me .
[signature]
That's the point of the contest. Fun. I don't personally feel like we have any members who cheat. It's all good competitive fun designed to bring more traffic to the hunting forum. It's also pretty dang cool to see every bodies awesome hunting pics.
[signature]
Agreed.
[signature]
I personally do 3-4 other contests, and too make it simple you take a piece of paper write the year in pen or marker fold it up and stick in with your license, and take a pic with your kill when your doing the rest of your pictures, it's simple and keeps everything fair, that being said I personally don't care a pic of the whole animal and your 2013 tag is fine with me, or like hookNhunter said, I too bone my animals out in the field, so some times it's just not possible. But we do have camera phones too, and Neil you video ur stuff anyway,
Matt
[signature]
Duck-Slayer wrote:[/quote]
and Neil you video ur stuff anyway,
Matt[/quote]

I do? Only when it easy, and then when I do it is always someone else's stuff. You want to come be my camera man? [:p] Maybe I could get my own hunting show........ NOT! I'd need to get a lot more personality and a whole lot more beauty sleep to pull that one off. Not to mention some patience, skill, and money; but mostly beauty sleep. [blush]
[signature]
[quote hooknhunter]Duck-Slayer wrote:[/quote]
and Neil you video ur stuff anyway,
Matt[/quote]

I do? Only when it easy, and then when I do it is always someone else's stuff. You want to come be my camera man? [:p] Maybe I could get my own hunting show........ NOT! I'd need to get a lot more personality and a whole lot more beauty sleep to pull that one off. Not to mention some patience, skill, and money; but mostly beauty sleep. [blush][/quote]

I need a camera man[cool], I have the personality and some looks... Just need a camer man...
Matt
[signature]
I'll do it Matt. I got a camera laying around that we could use.
[signature]
Good deal Adam, that will work,
Matt
[signature]
What do you think about offering a couple of points extra for a wolf kill .It would really help the deer and elk population .
[signature]
I think this year we will just push through with the rules we have. I'm thinking next year I will start a thread for new rule suggestions. Then we will have a pole on them.

As far as the piece of paper for credibility I think this year we can all manage righting it on a piece of paper before the season starts and keep it with your tags.
[signature]
No contest this year?
[signature]