Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washington Fishing Trip
Well I'm up in Bellingham, Washington for a little longer but i believe my fishing is over for the trip. I got here on Friday and will be coming back tomorrow. So the first day i got here we drove up to Bellingham and my cousin said we were going to hike in that night to go fishing. We got the car to the end of the road and had a 9 mile hike into the river and it was 4 AM, finally 630 AM arrives and we to the water. It was so incredible and some of the best water i had ever seen, not to mention i was trying to catch my first steelhead ever. We started fishing and at first i caught a couple juvenile steelies and my next cast i hooked into a bigger trout, turns out it wasn't a steelhead but actually a bull trout! What an aggressive species they are. the other big bull trout were trying to eat my fly still even though the other had it in its mouth! I was pretty happy about the bull trout and ready for a steelhead, i caught my first one about 2 hours in with a spinner on the gear rod. After that i was ready to try the 6 wt. fly rod for a steelhead and i got one not long after that and actually held on for the fight on my first steelhead on a nymph. I ended up catching 10 steelhead on this river on my first steelheading outing and hiked 32 miles round trip to do it, but it was ever so worth it and ill be back up here in October and January to do it again. There truly is nothing like catching a steelhead on a fly rod.
[signature]
Awesome scenery and beautiful fish! Thanks for the report
[signature]
Fantastic! Excellent report. I admire you fishing with all that gear still on!
[signature]
Great report. My kind of trip, hiking into a river for fish worthy of a 6 wt rod. But now I want to move.
[signature]
DOOOOOOOD!!!!! Very cool trip! Totally jealous right now. That is quite the trek though for some fishing! Guessing that makes for the trip that much more though eh? and I'd imagine you were away from ALL the crowds! Big Grin
[signature]
Yes! What an epic adventure... Great fish and beautiful scenery! Thanks for leaving the rest of us green with envy! Awesome report
[signature]