Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lower Weber Hogs
The lower Weber has been producing very well for me the past couple weeks. Its hard to complain about water quality up above when there's fish like these so close to home. Ive been stickin to Hoppers, standard nymphs, and big dark streamers. The fall blue wings are even starting to hatch! I cant wait for even better fishing now that fall is upon us!
[inline IMG_2615(1).jpg]
The biggest at 22"
[inline 20120820_202939.jpg]
Nighttime 20"
[inline 20120924_082100.jpg]
Chubby Hookjaw
[inline 20120924_082106.jpg]

[inline 20120924_163554.jpg]
Caught this beauty nymphing tiny flies!
[inline 20120924_163439.jpg]
The average size as of lately
[inline 20120924_152436.jpg]
[signature]
thats so awesome! i cant wait to get home. i love your last line, "caught this beauty nymphing tiny flies" a while ago there were some people stating that you can not catch great fish like that on tiny flies. well done! looks like in your first picture your toss articulated streamers?
[signature]
Well people are fools to think so. Just depends on the individual fish and the habits they have, some big fish won't move for anything but big meals while others sit and eat midges all day. that's the best part of fly fishing is figuring the fish out! and yes that was an articulated streamer I tie all my own, you can't find ones big enough for my liking in the local shops Wink
[signature]
Awesome fish! Lower as in below Weber Canyon or up higher?
[signature]
very nice, i might have to hit you up one day, see if you want to make a little spare $$$$$ for a few of your big streamers.
[signature]
Nice fish bro I Love throwing those big streamers on the lower weber, great times!
[signature]
Those are some gorgeous fish. I have to head to Ogden to take school exams every now and then. Looks like I need to give The Weber some attention to unwind after the tests.
[signature]
Throw together a streamer swap! great way to see some new flies and get some variation in your streamer box.
[signature]
not a bad idea, maybe when i get home in november ill toss one together
[signature]
A streamer swap would be awesome I do pretty well for myself but some extra variety to my box would be sweet!
[signature]
Those area some hogs for sure!
[signature]
[quote kochanut]not a bad idea, maybe when i get home in november ill toss one together[/quote]

Count me in Bro. Someone has got to get me out on the Weber to figure out what streamers to tie though[Wink] I have my own creations.
[signature]
Those are some great looking fish! Well done... Where does the lower weber run through? I have not fished it...
[signature]