Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some salty fun with the lady *fixed*
Big Salty fish on shore from in the caymans!
[signature]
Jenna was funny, she had no interest in catching a 'big' fish...as she thought she'd be content with the small guys. Well....after she saw me land the first tarpon she, nothing short of, stiff armed me and stole my rod. Another 20 minutes went by and she was on. She made 4 jump before she got a good hook set on one. I asked if she wanted me to set the hook and then she could fight it...but she'd have non of that nonsense. So she landed one all on her own.
[signature]
Looks like a blast!!! Noticed you guys were fishing pretty light tackle, way to go landing some nice fish!!!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Thanks man. The reel was light just a simple president reel. The rod was actually custom built for a max load of 280lbs I just had it made at 6ft. Wasn't bad either. Rod only was about 160$. Custom guides, grips, logos you name it. Lol I probably won't even go back to factory rods after that. I just called him today to start working on some fly rods. His names Ed Schmidt at fsa custom rods. He'll negotiate with you on prices too which was cool!
[signature]