Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(OT) Need info on Altamont Ut.
Altamont is north of Duchesne and I'm trying to find out if there are any motels in the city? I've got a late season cow elk tag for that area and I'm hoping there is a motel there that would be closer to my hunting area than Duchesne. If anyone has this info. do you know the name of the motel? Thanks for any help. WH2
[signature]
WH2
I have a good freind who owns a ranch in the area.He sells memberships for bass fishing(catch and release only)and duck hunting.Excellant for both if anyone is interested.Bass average 1-2 lbs with many at 4lbs and up.Anyway he may have spare rooms as its also a boys ranch not filled to capasity.At the least he could give you info on altamont.I know there was a small motel and cafe there at one time.If you want his ph. no.pm me and I'll send it back Lonnie
[signature]
Hy WH2 I'm not sure where your tags are for but Rockcreek Ranch has cabins it is north west of altamont. I believe they have a web site. If this is the right area for your tag send me a PM and I can get you the no.
[signature]
My tag is for the east yellowstone unit of the south slope. I think I know where Rockcreek ranch is but I'm going to make some phone calls first and check if the motel is still in Altamont. I'll get back with you if the motel idea doesn't work out, thanks.

Lonnie, the motel is the best for me right now but I'll PM you if it does not work out, thanks. WH2
[signature]
My friend used to live in a small motel in altamont I think it was the only one. They might have rooms available but I can't remember the name of it. It was pretty run down though I would give it 1and a half stars. But it would beet a tent.

Pm jed burton he grew up up there.

Cableguy
[signature]
WH2,

Try the Rock Creek Store Bed and Breakfast in Mountain Home. (435) 454-3853. This is closer than Altamont to your hunt unit. I can't find any listings in Altamont. Good Luck

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
We have undeveloped property in Altonah Utah and alot of my family lives in Altonah or Altamont. This time of year, your best bet for lodging is staying in Duchesne and traveling the 21 miles every day or staying in Mountain Home. The rooms are nice there and not that expensive. There is a small motel in Altamont here is the # 435-454-3501. I had the same elk tag you have last year and I called to stay there at Altamont Motel but the owners move south for the winter but they did offer a room though for like $38 a night. hope that helps!!!
[signature]
Hey Wiperhunter2
We just stayed for a couple nights in Altamont. We stayed at the LC Ranch. They have a Lodge and I think 5 cabins to rent. The cabin we stayed in is an 100 year old school house that was turned into a cabin. They fixed it up really nice and it was a great place to stay. It had running water and everything else you would need. They have a web sight that you can check out at http://www.lcranch.com/ . The people that run the ranch are really nice. The rates are not bad and you will get a whole cabin to yourself. If you call them,let them know what your plans are cause it is an elk ranch and it would be kinda stange for them to see you driving around with an elk in the back of your truck. Without them knowing where you got it. It is a pretty cool place to just drive into and see the monster bulls they sometimes have. Hope this helps. Wiper24
[signature]
Thanks everyone for all your help, I think I'll call the number that Polokid gave me first and see if the motel is open in Altamont, then I'll give Mountain home a call.
Kayote, do you know the prices at Mountain Home? Thanks again guys. WH2
[signature]