Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Fish'n Do-Dad for Glo's
Stumbled upon this little nifty ice fish'n do-dad or all season fish'n do-dad. Used it a couple days ago and very impressed.

Only drawback if you want to say drawback is it can be a bit to open with gloves or cold fingers. But once you get into the routine nothing but a thing. Including don't really have to snap lid close just hold down while pressing button. I really like it cuz I can charge more than one of them itsy bitsy tiny glowie ice flies, plastics or rubbers at a time.

Here's a few pics

I like the compact size fits nicely in pocket:

[inline Closed.jpg]

Place glo's into box...close lid or just hold lid closed not all the way snapped shut and press button on side:

[inline Before.jpg]

Held button down for like 10-15 seconds:

[inline After.jpg]

Another ice fish'n do-dad for those who use glow ice flies plastics or rubbers. Found it while at this site browsing the ice fish'n stuffage...so ordered a couple along with a few other trinkets of I just have-too-have it ...[Smile][Smile]

[url "http://www.fishusa.com/Rapala-Mini-Charge-n-Glow_p.html"][/url][#800080][url "http://www.fishusa.com/Rapala-Mini-Charge-n-Glow_p.html"]http://www.fishusa.com/Rapala-Mini-Charge-n-Glow_p.html[/url][/#800080]
[signature]
Thats cool, much better than my led light.
[signature]
i just ordered myself a couple of these nice cool chargers. can't wait to use them. of course they are on back order. [cool]
[signature]
Do you fish the glo jigs different than a non-glo jig? Time of the day or deeper water ect? I bought various glo jigs last year including the cutter bug you show but could not do much with them.
talyn wrote:[/quote]
Do you fish the glo jigs different than a non-glo jig? Time of the day or deeper water ect? I bought various glo jigs last year including the cutter bug you show but could not do much with them.[/quote]

For us we don't use glow jigs any different than non-glows. Most of the ice flies we have will have something that glows...Nuclear Ants white or legs that glow, Swedish Pimple with glow strip, Moons, Demons, One-eyes, including Halis that glow...including we have glow paint we may apply to non-glow lures...

I have to ask...what species of fish are you targeting? We fish for pannies (Perch and Crappie).

Another thing is if you aren't having any luck...gotta be willing to move or pop more holes in the general area you are in.

Also...for pannies the bite is very suttle and soft...and most of the time slightly jigging with rod in hand and paying attention...dead sticking (leaving rod in holder and sitting) usually doesn't work when fishing for pannies.

Additionally having a quality spring bobber attached to rod will let you see the slightest and I mean slightest of hits...if you don't have some type of indicator attached to the rod...for us anyways you'll never see them suttle hits.

The cut'r bug is primarily used when Trout fish'n...now can it be used for other species...I'm sure it can but for Pannies we use these attached to some sort of flasher to get the tiny ice fly down or to a Hali.

[inline "Lures Used.jpg"]

Ice flies attached to Halis

[inline "Various Hali with Ice Flies.jpg"]

Hope I've helped with your questions and maybe others with chime in...but for us and panny fishing these lures pictured and maybe a few others are our go-to hardware.
[signature]
I was using glo jigs going after trout at strawberry. I ice fish in a shelter with the kids so I only move once or twice during the day.

Seeing your thread got me to get out my UV light and light-up some Mack's Lure Super Charged Glo Hooks that I picked up two months ago. They glow a bright red and I will try them next weekend for trout. I like the glow effect I just need to figure out how to use them better!

I don't use a spring bobber or strike indicator, I will need to add that to the ice fishing rig.
I agree 100% with K2 on the spring indicator. To me it's as important as the lure for detecting those light bites.

K2 thanks for the post on the "light box" that is a really cool idea, definatly on my list.