Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek gate closure
I read today in the Xplore section of the Ogden Standard that the gate will be closed at Lost Creek until May 2004. This info is stated to be from Terry at Riverdale Sportsman's Warehouse. I was really looking forward to taking kids and grandkids up there for ice fishing near the boat ramp. Now it looks like we'll have to go elsewhere because I doubt if they're up to the hike in from the gate. Does anyone else know anything about this? Lemme know.
[signature]
Hi Lipripper,

I believe it closes every year about this time. Yes, you will have to hike from the gates to the reservoir. Its quite the hike, but the ice fishing has been killer up there the past couple years especially for the kids. You wont be disappointed if you do hike it, thats for sure!
[signature]
Well, for what it's worth, I only fish that place in the spring/summer occassionally, but from what people said last ice season, you usually park next to the gate, and hike on down to the lake. Because of low water levels, that's one hell of a hike, and kind of steep too. They generally lock the gate at the end of October and open it sometime in May, but that doesn't stop people from ice fishing it.
If I were you, I'd take the kids or grandkids to Scofield during the month of december till Strawberry heats up. But, if you want to catch lots of fish, but don't care if they are big or not, you might want to try Echo for those little perch. My cousin caught like fifty each, one time last year. Scofield usually freezes around T-day, but may freeze earlier this year with the weather we're having.
[signature]
Last year I was up there twice for ice fishing and drove all the way to the boat ramp each time - both after the first of the year. We had good success with over 200 8-11" rainbows at the first point on the right side of the lake hiking out from the boat ramp. We were in 25' of water and used little Rat Finkees tipped with meal or wax worms. Lots of fun - that's why I thought we'd hit it again. I know it will be very low water level.
[signature]
Last year ice fisherman lobbied and made some state beauracrats change there mind, it would be a good idea to get started on those pencil pushers now before the season starts.
[signature]
Does anybody have e-mail addresses that we can put up a fuss.

I'm sorry but I can not put up with beauracratic B.S., I'm getting hotter by the minute.......[mad][mad][mad][mad][mad]
[signature]