Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
you-BUH
Rolled the dice at Yuba this morning...it was a bust.
My brother-in-law and I fished the north bay area for a couple of hours until the wind blew us off. We started at 12' and worked our way to 28'. Marked a few fish, but nothing would grab our tasty fixins'. It was our first time trying the lake, won't be our last. Just need more experience with that ol' gal.

The fish were close to bottom, but wouldn't stay in a spot for very long. My flasher would show them and then they would vanish 10 seconds later. Tried chasing them, but never got any takers. We tried big, small, different colors, different presentations.They wouldn't come too close to the bait, all were green marks and a couple were yellow on my Humminbird. Any guesses on what species they might be?

Ice conditions were great. There is a SOLID 12" everywhere we drilled--some shore lines are getting sketchy, luckily it was cold all day so we could walk off with no hassle. There is a blown-over skiff of snow which makes it great for a polident style "no slip grip".

Looks like I need to regroup and take some more pointers. We fished south facing bays in hopes of finding some pre-spawn activity. The only other mammals on the lake today were 3 coyotes.

[signature]
You probably saw carp
[signature]