Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation Double-dip
Fished Starv with PIKEMAN and few of the other usual suspects Fri & Sat. Stayed overnite at friend's cabin. Ryan iced 6 1/4lb walleye at 3pm Friday. 24 1/2"er broke the 4# test at the hole. Elbow-deep dive should have been ESPN's play-of-the-day. Anti-climatic after that. Yeah, we got our perch. More Sat than Fri. But drilled more holes than the local oil rigs. Bites were drive-bys. Big school, but not aggressively biting or feeding. Lightest bite of the year and we missed a LOT of fish. Got 4-dozen Saturday, but worked for every single one. Unlike two wks ago, school never stayed in one spot for very long. Constantly on the move and sometime stacked 12' off bottom. Cleats & gas augers a must. Ditto with gondola up that rocky trail back to parking lot.
PS This is from Perchinski. Don't know how I came to be Dangler.
[signature]
I think Dangler kinda fits you. Thanks again for the invite. Had a great time. Make sure you thank the cabin owner for me too. Them are some nice pictures too Mike.
[signature]
I don't care what they call you. That is a fine walleye. Congrats
[signature]
Wow, that is a very nice walleye, the largest I have seen anyone catch this winter, thanks for sharing the pics and report.
The only way that you signed on as Dangler, is if you have used that user name before or someone else has signed on from that puter, you used to post this report, with that user name.
From the looks of those pics, the perch are moving into shallower water, how deep was it where you were fishing?
[signature]