Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Sea Bass at the V's 11/12

Black Sea Bass recovery must be progressing well.

Went out on the Premier fishing for yellows at the V's, which is a place around the east corner (east end) of Santa Catalina Island and caught 4 Black Sea Bass. I caught an 80 pounder(near 20 minute fight), John, a fishing club president, got a 65 pounder and a 125 pounder and someone else go a less-than-50 pounder.

Danny and Karl, skippers on the Premier, treated these giants with kindness, respect and professionally released them with no injurys! Good job guys!

Of course all were turned loose as they are protected 'in the water' and happily swam away in their characteristic slow lumbering way. I caught mine on 20lb izorline premium gray with a 0/5 circle hook on a sliding egg (1/4oz) rig. That is some of the best line I've used in 30 years.

Yellows!? Oh ya, I think we got 22 (none over 20lbs) for the boat but..... My bass was the highlight of the trip for me. Danny wouldn't let me use my 15lb test and flippin' stick! Boohoo. ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]
damm ron thats nice in seven years as a deckhand out of 22ND street landing i never saw more then one ever caught at a time i got one on the shoe one year but it was a little guy maybe 20#
[signature]