Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Streams?
I am looking to do some stream fishing in the next couple weeks and need some help on some good ones this time of year?? I live in Utah county and am looking for some 2 hours or less away that have good chances at other species besides browns? Anything helps and pms are welcome. Thanks a ton!
[signature]
the provo is close and has rainbows in it, for starters
[signature]
and cutts[Wink]
[signature]
Ya I have been fishing the provo a lot lately awesome midge hatches! But I'm looking for something a little smaller and away from the crowds ha ha. I guess Mondays are the new Saturdays on the MP[:/]
[signature]
upper provo, above jordanelle
[signature]
Thanks I actually have never fished the upper where is some good access? Right by jordanelle it's all private right?
[signature]
American Fork, Hobble Creek and Thistle Creek are nice little streams that fish well this time of year that are close by. Tons more within 2 hours of Utah Co.
Look at a map or use google earth. I've fished plenty of places not because someone told me about it but because it was there.
[signature]
not all of it. you can upriver a little than it becomes private. after that i would head up river as far as you can and fish where it looks fishey
[signature]
Isn't the Schofield area about 2 hours or less form Utah County ?

Theres some great fishing in that area and hardly no crowds like the Provo.
[signature]
Thanks everybody those suggestions are all great! Thanks for the help.
[signature]
Diamond Fork.
[signature]
Go to the lower provo been catching a lot of quality bows!size 22 midge larva tied with larva lace has been killer
[signature]
Nice job! And thanks what color of midges?
[signature]
You should try A. F. Creek above Tibble Fork. Went there yesterday and missed a lot but managed one nice 11" brown on a disco midge. Its really low and clear though so stealth is key.
[signature]
Brown with black thread head
Slow and deep
Bblue wings will be coming off on any cloudy or rainy day.
Midges are coming off daily and u might catch a couple with a cluster style midge, but not fast.
As far as matching those midges with a size 28 midge.... screw that lol I will just nymph
[signature]