Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why not have a summer fly fishing comp?
Just as the title suggests, why not?

Maybe an all species comp, not just trout? Semi similar to the ice fishing one?

Thoughts???????????????????
[signature]
sounds good to me
[signature]
to easy. im being cereal also. why not the UT grand slam. all of the trout species, including cutthroat. you also get a fancy dancy certificate from the DNR, takes some real work to get that done trust me.
[signature]
Sounds sweet to me [Smile]
[signature]
[quote kochanut]to easy. im being cereal also. why not the UT grand slam. all of the trout species, including cutthroat. you also get a fancy dancy certificate from the DNR, takes some real work to get that done trust me.[/quote]
Why not more than just trout? That would make things more interesting.
[signature]
Awwww, I smell Pike on a Fly in the future, eh spike?[Wink]
No competition here, it's to fun to put the pressure on.[Smile]
[signature]
I fly fish because its relaxing so I dont think it would be for me [sly]. I think there are some people who would enjoy it though so i think it could be a good idea!
[signature]
Well that certainly is a goal of mine. Carp and bass are fun too!
[signature]
[quote GreenHorn]I fly fish because its relaxing so I dont think it would be for me [sly]. I think there are some people who would enjoy it though so i think it could be a good idea![/quote]

I will admit that seeing a big fish on the fly will just be that much more exciting!
[signature]
im saying it would be easy for the warm water like musky, pike, small and large mouth, crappie, bluegill etc. the trout would require some work becuase you cant just go to say rockport and nail a golden for example, than you also have all of the strains of cutthroat. if you do it have fun!
[signature]
Maybe then there should be a requirement that at least "x" amount of species must be a trout of some kind?

I don't doubt a few guys around these parts can get into the big trout as well.[Wink]

Or get rid of the cold water species and just be a warm water fly comp.[shocked] But is there really that many warm water fly guys in Utah? The stereotypical fly flinger is trout born and raised. I would prefer to see it open to anything that dares to bite a fly.
[signature]
would be interesting to see if you guys do it. is it limited to the state of UT? cause drive 2 hours and you can nail more than half the warm water fish in one day lol
[signature]
Yes just in Utah and not on private property. Although naturally it would not exclude the border lakes (powell, gorge, bear lake, etc).

Still open to any thoughts![cool]
[signature]
Why not two separate competitions? A cold and warm water? That way you can have all species for both and not put limits on it. Just saying [angelic]
[signature]
Great idea!
[signature]
So far a $25 gift certificate to a fish shop has been donated as a prize![cool]
[signature]
let me go over to my shop and ask if this is something they would want to get involved in. i wouldent participate, but if they do, and you host it, ill send you what ever they would be willing to do, if they decide to do it
[signature]
Just got back from a fun filled morning on the fly.[:p]

Koch that sounds good.

Further details are about to be decided upon. I have been drumming up support via texting and have received some great input.

I think this will be up and running by next week or so. Just in time for ice off![cool]
[signature]
[quote TyeDyeTwins]Yes just in Utah [/quote]

Welp, I'm out.
[signature]
the shop up here says they would be in for a gift certificate. come up with the details and we will get it sent to you
[signature]