Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Species of Fish Do You Have to Throw Back In Your State?

Hey there guys,

In example: Two fish in California that must always be returned to the water: The Garrabladi because it is protected as the official state saltwater fish and the (California) Black Sea Bass because it was in danger of extinction.

Excluding seasonal regulations, what species of fish do you have to return to the water in your state?

JapanRon
[signature]
well utah don't have a ocean but talk about confusing regs ! in some lakes to keep a bass it must be over 12" in another it must be over 15" and then in another any bass over 12" must be thrown back! then in another lake still any cuttthrout trout between 18"-22" must be returned its a good thing i put back the fish i catch or i would just not fish
[signature]

Hi there aquaman,

My goof! I should have said is there any species in your state that is always to be returned to the water? No matter what Season, Location, Size, Method of catch, Condition, Attitude, or Life style. Thought I'd add a little humor there, ya....... veeeeery little huh?

As you say..... sometimes the regs are wild!

Thanks for the input... I'm C&R too on the freshwater and I actually approve of the slot limits, IF they make sense.

JapanRon
[signature]
I catch nothing therefore I do not release anything... [Wink]

Aaron
[signature]