Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carp on the bubble
The water in the river I fish is so stained lately it is hard to see the Carp, but I know there are there. I will see a tail or some gold color flashes. So, I took a Nickle size Thingamabobber in clear as to not spook these already spooky fish. I then attached my fly and cast it out. I aimed for shadows or different color water. I them waited...not very long I might add. The indicator would go under slowly then bounce. I would pull the line with my left hand, and the indicator would take off! Game on! What a blast. Not seeing what you have or how big till you get it in close. Landed 5 lost one...what a great day.
[Image: IMG_0349_zps444fef46.jpg]

Fish, fly and bubble
[Image: IMG_0341_zpse4ba9053.jpg]
[signature]
Looks like some fun FG!!
[signature]
hungry hungry carp!
[signature]
Thingamabobber????

First time I've heard that.
[signature]
They have been around for almost 10 years. Fly Fishers use them.
[signature]
Many people over look the Carp. They are a lot of fun to catch. Condisered a scrap fish by most, but my mom used to have several ways to fix them where they weren't to bad. She never believed in throwing anything that you could eat out. Ron
[signature]
Hey goddess,You ever thought of making a carp fishing movie with your gopro,sur would be cool to see you in action!

check out my carp!,caught on the berry not the bubble[:p]

[Image: mqdefault.jpg?v=516c4b25][#0066cc]11:26[/#0066cc]
[ul][li][url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v1Hl-K62yU"][Image: pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif][/url][/li][li][url "http://www.youtube.com/edit?ns=1&video_id=2v1Hl-K62yU"][Image: pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif][/url][/li][li][#0066cc][Image: pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif][/#0066cc][/url][/li][/ul]
[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v1Hl-K62yU"]Penfishingrods.com How to catch carp using fig[/url]
2lb test #16 long curved shank white river!
[signature]
Here you go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS3LBfe_dPo
[signature]

Thanks for sharing!
I tried today to catch you a peacock bass on the fly
Set up the camera on a tripod and just caught a little bass..
Ended up catching a small Pea from head-cam later on in the day towards the afternoon..
Its a good thing I'm used to head-cam footage if not i'd be dizzy![laugh]
[signature]
That's a chest mount, no head mount.
[signature]
Righteous Fight. You may be ready for sturgeon. [Smile]
[signature]
Story time, I went to the river this morning. A nice pool area. I could see carp rolling here and there.
They were coming up to sip on bugs or whatever. Cloudy this morning with a breeze so ripples on the water and a bit murky. Sight fishing was hit miss.
I decided to go with my trusty Yellow softhackle glow bug. I run this off a 5' mono furled leader and 4 feet of 10 lb fluoro. I put a small clear Thingamabobber about middle of the furled leader. This is just to help me detect hits in the murky water.
Darn Carp were sipping on the Thingamabobber.
So, I decided to tie on a Gartside Gurgler on a #12 scud hook
[Image: Tadpole3.jpg]

This is sort of like a Boobie fly in that it does want to float up. I put an 8" tag about a foot down on the 4' tippet from the connection to the leader, so the egg was still 3' down from it.
I do this set up all the time on trout and get a lot of doubles. Well......IT HAPPENED WITH CARP! Yikes! Lately when I hook a carp, one or two will follow it in, so I am thinking I have a nice carp and I knew it hit the Gurgler. I get it close and it is BIG! I am guessing 35".
I get it close so I grab my net and squat down to net it when it takes off and I noticed another on the Glow Bug! You can kinda see them both in the center of this photo
[Image: 36b21112-98be-47fa-bcb4-44361327705f_zpsfcc0f730.jpg]
My net barely scoops one, how am I going to do this! I get one close and snap! I broke the tag off. This was the BIG one that is now swimming around with my fly in its lip. I did manage the smaller one...at 32".
[Image: IMG_0518_zps087124b5.jpg]

Here is the Thingamabobber
[Image: IMG_0517_zpsaa56e7ab.jpg]

I caught some bass and more Carp...great day! And one for the memories
[Image: IMG_0522_zpscedf03f4.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0531_zps84329ec3.jpg]

Time for a shower...[Smile]
[signature]