Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber HOG
Well Ive been fishing the Weber every chance I get and have been doing a lot of exploring. Found a great section that Ive been back to a couple times. Landed this beast today for a new personal best! 23 inches and fat! One good lookin fish. Caught it on a sz 18 rainbow warrior and 5x, what a fight!
[inline Snapshot.bmp]
[signature]
Spectacular
[signature]
proof , once again, big fish eat tiny flies
[signature]
[quote kochanut]proof , once again, big fish eat tiny flies[/quote]

Most of my big fish have come on sz 18 or smaller.
[signature]
Wow !!! Nice fish CONGRATS !!!
[signature]
What a beast!! Congrats man!
[signature]
croak! That's a toad alrighty! Might nice - bet that was some fun kicks!

Been dabbling with spring river browns, but - still waiting to find a hog like that. Keep hitting a spot on the way home - there's a couple pools of jumpers - need to figure out what they are jumping for! Seems like small black flies are in...
Nice HOG![shocked]
[signature]
teach me! haha
awesome brown!
[signature]
Nice fish!!!
[signature]
Spectacular!
[signature]
cant beat the rainbow warrior on the weeb, one of the best flies i use nymphing. nice fish man
[signature]
Thats what I love about the Weber. I was just up there yesterday, caught a nice one around 18-19 (attached below is the pic) but nothing like that monster. Congrats!
[signature]
Nice Brown though. You could have added an inch or two if you held it closer to the camera...LOL
But, on a serious note, that is a great magazine style photo.
[signature]
Good to know. My next fish will be held out! Smile
[signature]
I've never fished the Weber. Are there any good spots that are around riverdale or the section before it reaches the canyon? I went the other day to check it out at one of the designated Angler pull offs right before the canyon and it was too fast and deep to really fly fish. (for me)
[signature]
I personally have never fished it below Mountain Green. I know people that have and do great. I am surprised that it is high because it seems like they are hoarding all the water in Echo right now.
[signature]
behinde the toyota dealership in riverdale is the riverdale park. plenty of spots to fish and you can go up river a long ways
[signature]
Awesome i'll check that out for sure. I'm getting burnt out of the Ogden. Thanks
[signature]
Nice looking hog! Congrats on the catch!
[signature]