Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 clearwater river salmon season
Ok guys we officially have a season! It open May 4th from the train bridge in Lewiston to arrow rock bridge. Fishing is only open Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. 4 fish a day only one fish can be an adult. 3 adults in possession and you are aloud to keep 12 fish for the year.
[signature]
they are giving us 2 adults on the lower salmon/little salmon. Wow didnt expect that.
[signature]
How did you guys get this info already?
[signature]
I called f&g.
[signature]
I like the fact that its a lower limit. I don't go for keeping the fish that's just a bonus. I think they should have done this in the past years to lengthen the season. Mostly on the south fork of the salmon. I'm excited now!!!
[signature]
Awesome, I live 2 blocks from the confluence.

When the fish get here I'll let ya'll know.

[signature]
hey top pin i also am in lewiston idaho. you ever need a salmon partner i like to think i know my way around some tuna balls and spin and glows.
[signature]
You can keep ten "10" adults for the season and have up to twelve "12" fish in your possesion.............
[signature]
12 fish in possesion but no more than 3 (CLW) or 6 (SAL) adults. The rest must be jacks, which you dont have to card.
[signature]
Jack counts 3x the 10 year ave. Dworshack had 19 and Rapid River had 10 pitt tags over bonn yesterday. Good showing for us.
[signature]
Ya, I am pretty stoked now finally. I figured we would be 1 adult per day, Fri-Mon (which I actually like however), and closed on the main in Riggins this year, like we had in 05-07. So I was planning on doing a lot more fishing out of my boat here locally, if that was the case.

Now I'm thinking really serious about how I am going to get those 10 notches!

Jacks look fantastic. They can quit now that we know there is a bunch out there though. Come back next year you horny little buggers!
[signature]
Over 2000 jacks in a day over bonneville and 7000+ adults I'm getting excited.

I don't think the main salmon in riggins is closed? From what I read it sounded like its going to be open. Please correct me if I am wrong.
[signature]
And yesterday the numbers crashed to 1800 adults and 500 jacks.
[signature]
Yeah. Died a little inside this morning.
[signature]
trying to pin a number on this run must have salmon managers pullin their hair out
[signature]
I'm sure it is. I'm headed to the river as soon as I get off work and ill be out in the a.m. Too.
[signature]
Fish are rolling through Bonny tonight. Hope the numbers jump back up!!!
[signature]
We went out tonight and my buddy hooked two. Both plunking with his 9ft medium action and ended up losing both. But they were both 100% spring chinook. I never had a fish touch my set ups. Back at it in the morning.
[signature]
waiting for a Pic?[fishin]
[signature]
Didn't happen today. Never touched a single fish.
[signature]