Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I finally found me a new boat
You lucky dog! Looks like it is in great shape. Have some good times in it!
[signature]
SUHWEEEEEEEEEET RIDE Curt. Watch out fishies. Thanks for your help Curt, fishin's been good.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000000][size 3]Way to go Curt, That's a great looking ride good for you . I'm glad you finally found the right one, looking forward to seeing you on the water. Now I have to get used to seeing you in a different boat.[/size][/#000000][/font]
[cool]
[signature]
Congrats Curt, that's gonna be a nice boat for you. Enjoy.
[signature]
Nice looking rig mate. Is the Minn Kota equipped with iPilot? I have one on my tinny and the spot lock feature is awesome (havent used the anchor since I put it on the boat)

Glad you found something you like. Will the wipers be about late July? Looks like i will be over there around then. You could take me for a spin Wink

Cheers mate
[signature]
Congrats Curt, should be fairly easy to get in and out of Porcupine. Good fishing.
[signature]
Ncie now you are all set up to go![cool]
[signature]
[quote Funchy]Nice looking rig mate. Is the Minn Kota equipped with iPilot? I have one on my tinny and the spot lock feature is awesome (havent used the anchor since I put it on the boat)

Glad you found something you like. Will the wipers be about late July? Looks like i will be over there around then. You could take me for a spin Wink

Cheers mate[/quote]

I wish it had I pilot, just Auto pilot for now, that might be an upgrade I would consider in the future.
Yes the wiper catching has been on for about a month now and should continue until the weather gets cold. Just let me know when you get here and we will get out there and get you that wiper and if we are lucky maybe the walleye bite will still be on.
See you then Mate.
[signature]
[quote like.2.fly]Beautiful setup! I will watch for you on the Bay.

Just curious... what was your search criteria, and why did it take 3 years to find?[/quote]

I was looking for a 16 to 18 ft open bow Alumium boat with at least a 90 hp main motor and a 90" beam min. What took me so long was two things, the budget, $10,000 and finding a boat like this that has a 90" beam. They are very rare in that price range and when they do come up for sale they go very quick. Lucky for me I was the first one to get to this one and I had the money in hand.
[signature]
[quote WET1]Very nice looking boat Curt! Hope you'll be able to bring it up for the UDAV event, it would look great with a veteran in it. [Wink]

Looks like you're all set for the next Willard wiper tournament now buddy.... [Wink][/quote]

If you still need my boat as the time draws closer, I'll be there but for now I'm going to have to spend some time getting the boat setup.
[signature]
[quote kentofnsl]Call me if you need me to supervise the installation of the rod holders.[Wink][/quote]

LOL, I'll do that but I doubt I'll need any more rod holders on this boat, it has 10 already![crazy]
[signature]
Nice, I'll keep that in mind as I customize the boat for my needs but for now, I've got a few more things I need to get first. Thanks for the idea Craig.
[signature]
[quote BEARCLAW]I was beginning to wonder if youde ever find the right boat[Wink]. So, when are we going to try it out?[/quote]

I've been working on it for two days now and I'm almost ready to give it a try, if I can get it licensed tomorrow and finish running the wires for my GPS/FFer, I'm going to take it out to see how she works with my new add ons. If all goes well we can get out anytime after that.[Smile]
[signature]
Nice Curt. Well deserved.
So sold, or selling the old ride?

So did the Mrs support the new ride, or draw up papers? Well you know me, always glad to hitch a ride. still arranging access to my old (new) ride to get 'er running, and add on my bass-boat conversions to an old tri-hull. High hopes. At least I got a hold of the Jon boat, so I can get out and float. Now if I can get my freezer full of carp minnows... yo.

[inline half.jpg]
I guess you haven't looked at the For Sale board lately, it has been there for two day now, with not one person interested yet[frown]. Wife is happy I finally got the boat I want, after three years of looking she was getting tied of me looking, and not finding.
[signature]
Congrats Curt! Your post is a week old now but I just got back from California. Glad to see the wait is over for you now and the fun is ready to start![Wink] Enjoy. See ya at Willard soon!
[signature]
Hey Todd, good to hear you are still in the land of the living[Wink]. Was it your nephew that you said might be interested in my old boat, I've got it up from sale, new floor and all the extras: [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=827329;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=827329;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread[/url]

That old Coffer dam is even more out of the water than last year, I think we will see some very low water conditions there this year, could get scary[:/].
[signature]
Yep its plenty scary alright. Joe( my son inlaw) just bought a Bass pro 16 ft bass boat. While I was on vacation he took it out to Willard. He was fishing about 100 yards out from the Coffer Dam spot (still in 4 ft of water) The wind came up. The waves slammed his boat to the bottom. Damaging his hull and prop.... ouch!
So lesson learned. Fishing in shallow water is bad news when the wind picks up.
[signature]
I agree, it is always a good idea to stay away from shallow water when the wind come up, hopefully no major damage was done.
[signature]