Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New rod build
Finally got my new 5wt 8 foot blue halo rod wrapped and epoxy done! This rod turned out awesome and feels great. My first glass rod, going to go give it a swing tomorrow morning on the lower provo cant wait!
[signature]
Very nice Steve!
[signature]
Impressive! Very nice work.
[signature]
For my 3rd rod build ever I think it turned out really good. The guys at blue halo are awesome and a great help, Ill let you guys no how it perorms tomorrrow. Its a little heavier than my graphite rods so I hope im able to handle it.
[signature]
I am not familiar with Blue Halo, but I am assuming that it is a fiberglass rod. Fiberglass has a very different feel and flex. Most have a slower action, so try slowing your cast down and smoothing it out. I think you are going to love it. Beautiful rod!
[signature]
Yeah its glass and has slow action thats why I got it and love the color. I have a 4wt allen that has a med action and love the way that feels so I thought I would give it a try. I casted it in the yard a few times and feels great, cant wait to wet some line tomorrow!
[signature]
That's a good lookin rod man!! I love the colors glass comes in and how they cast!!
[signature]
I cast a few different models at the Expo this year. Love the colors. They do have a little more weight to them. Balance that out with a heavier reel.
[signature]