Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
monte carlo friday and saturday
on friday, i worked the afternoon trip. i was on the tank the whole day. it was slow in the beginning, but then we were in a wide open bass bite. the count only says 25 bass, but i think whoever takes the counts off the boat heard the captain wrong. anyways... i think we got a ling that day too with lots of perch.

BIG HALIBUT was caught right at the bait receiver. id say 14lbs. they're out there guys!

saturday, i was, again, on the tank all day. we did pretty good on the calicos. and we got one ling. 9 pounds.

afternoon, we got another ling that was around 12 pounds. we were in a very good SHORT calico bass bite. most of the bass that we caught were between 8" and 11 99999/100000"! errrrr
we had a guy from the DFG on our boat, so you know what we did with those fish!

joe
[signature]

Hey there DH_tubinjoe,

Thanks for the report joe. You don't know how important it is for us that you and other decks come in with the real deal!!

I think we feel the same. I think the shorts ought to be counted for certian species so that potential anglers can get some idea of the level of action!! I like action, and usually could care less if I got a bunch of whoppers. If I had to choose between 20 shorts and 2 legals and no other bites I'd choose the shorts.

JapanRon
[signature]
definatly! me too! we did have some nice sized sand bass. around 3-4 pounds.

joe
[signature]