Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YES!!! CARPAGE!!! YES!!
First two carp on a fly rod!!! Believe the hype..it awesome. If you haven't tried it DO IT!

One was one a hares ear and the other was on a sow bug.

the last picture is the one I was talking about in my other post yesterday.
[signature]
Two common and a Mirror, well played grasshopper.[Smile]
[signature]
Believe it or not there are some guide services here in Arizona that offer carp on the fly packages. I've seen some serious monsters pulled out of urban ponds down around here with 4wt's and 5wt's. Haven't landed one myself but super fun to watch someone else with their spey rod bent in half lol.
[signature]
There are guide services here too for Carp[Wink]
[signature]
Previous to seeing a big carp landed on a fly rod I never would have thought folks would target carp.

After seeing the runs and fights with carp on a fly rod, I completely understand. Poor mans bonefish.
[signature]
Not sure on the "poor Mans" bonefish , but would definitely say, URBAN bonefish.[Smile]
[signature]
Excellent fish!
[signature]
Nice bro!!! We will have to go out sometime im yet to get one on a fly yet!
[signature]
Thanks guys!!

And yeah Steve.. Let me know when you can go.
[signature]
Right on Bad a$$ Ive found the ones that size put up more of a fight is that a 5wt rod your using ?
[signature]
Yes 5wt. Furled leader and 5x tippet. They put up and excellent fight.. They don't seem to give up or tire out.
[signature]
4 lb line? You are sporting[Smile] Not me, nothing under 8 lb for me[Wink]
[signature]
I started out with the 5x because that's what I already had rigged up. After the first fish I realized I need heavier line.. I had some 6lb mono. I put that on and they were rejecting my fly so I switched back to 5x. I have some leftover fluoro from the last time I respooled my spinning reel im going to try. It should be a lot less visible. Between the light line and not bringing my net it was a challenge to get them on the bank.
[signature]
Another successful day.... I still wouldn't even consider this very big for a carp but MAN this thing put a bend on my 5wt!!!
[signature]
Yes it does. Well played.
[signature]
Way to break the 2 foot mark!

Now go get yourself an 8 weight for heaven's sake.[cool]
[signature]
Im thinking about it.. Didn't you say you picked up a Cabelas 8wt combo? What series?
[signature]
It was the one for $100 that came with a rod, reel, and 8 weight floating line. I think the insurance was $15 but it will be replaced so long as I bring it in. They don't cover you loosing it or having it stolen.

I love it, it meets my needs.
[signature]
I went with FG this morning before work and got my first one on the fly! Man that is fun we will have to do it this next week Ill let you know when I can get out! And Thanks to FG I got myself on some nice size CARP!
[signature]
Right on Steve!! Thats a nice fish!!!
[signature]