Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirty Pond Report
My cousin and I went out to Mud Lake over the weekend, didn't catch much, but had a chance to use the pontoon boat all day. We set up the boats the night before but didn't get any fishing done, We ate a little dinner and setup sleeping bags on a tarp but the mosquitoes were terrible so I finally gave up and we took 5 minutes to put up the tent.

In the morning we were all ready to fish and I have pics this time of the 2 person frameless pontoon. Had fun paddling around but the weeds were pretty bad out in the middle. Finally settled in the cattails/bull rush and started picking off the carp a little using jakes and even bare jig hooks. F&G planted some tiger musky last month, but all we saw were the carp, some small dead catfish that were floating, and caught one perch while we were strapping the boat to the trailer. My cousin did get a good nap on his kayak in the shade though.

We also stopped by Robert's but caught a tiny 4" perch, then used it as cut bait to catch 2 more 4" perch, so not all that great.
[signature]