Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AF area
Im heading down this weekend to Utah valley and doing a little fishing with a buddy. Planning on heading to AF canyon, I have fished tibble fork but thats it. Want to hit the river but not sure where abouts to go. Any help will be great, planning on breaking in some fish on my 2 wt for the first time.
[signature]
I fish the river all the way down from the dam. I look for pools and big rocks. Red Copper John or Red Pheasant tail works great.
[signature]
They go crazy for Beatles.make sure u bring them.and a bhpheasant tail.I fish that area allot with my son and we average about 30+ in just a few hrs.go to the first camp ground and head up.
[signature]
[quote southernbass]They go crazy for Beatles.make sure u bring them.and a bhpheasant tail.I fish that area allot with my son and we average about 30+ in just a few hrs.go to the first camp ground and head up.[/quote]

That might be hard as there are only two left and they are very expensive[Wink] But, BEETLES are plentiful.[Smile]
I do well this time of year also with Adam's and Mosquitoes. for dries.
[signature]
It's been a couple years since we've done it, but me and Kota used to start at Little Mill (I think that's what it's called) and work up and down from there. That way I didn't have to worry about her being so close to the road.

I don't remember the fish being overly picky. On the skinny water what generally matters most to me is the fishability of the fly - so, easily visable high-floating dries and quick-sinking nymphs.

If I could only have 2 flies they would be an EH Caddis and a Hare's Ear. But that's just me.

If you are willing to hike, there is at least one little lake up there that holds a very nice surpirse...
[signature]
[quote flygoddess][quote southernbass]They go crazy for Beatles.make sure u bring them.and a bhpheasant tail.I fish that area allot with my son and we average about 30+ in just a few hrs.go to the first camp ground and head up.[/quote]

That might be hard as there are only two left and they are very expensive[Wink] But, BEETLES are plentiful.[Smile]
I do well this time of year also with Adam's and Mosquitoes. for dries.[/quote]

Bawahaha, Tell Ringo I said Hi bwahaha good one.
[signature]