Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
brownlee res
i have a few questions about this reservoir I have never been there. I was wondering is it bank fisherman friendly , what do cats like there, does any one have any good spots they would share and does any one have any tips to cat more fish.
please help I would greatly appreciate it.
[signature]
There's not many secrets when it comes to the bank and brownlee. Your best bet is always going to be the Steck Park area if you're looking for cats. There are a ton of places to fish from the bank on the road after the off road vehicle park and a few miles past the park. There's a lot of weeds drifting around right now which can make fishing from the bank a pain. A lot of people like crickets or worms. I usually try and catch a few pikeminnow on worms or spinners then cut them up for bait. You can usually tell by the terrain where it's rocky and where it's muddy, especially with the water levels dropping, but the muddy flat areas are pretty thick with that milfoil crap. The camp hosts at Steck are usually pretty friendly, it never hurts to stop by and talk to them. Good luck!
[signature]
Spend the night. The stinker the better.

Idaho

[signature]
do some research on catfish look on line at different rigs, habitat, and baits cat fish are not hard to catch once you know a little bit about them and you can apply those tactics any where you fish whether it be cj strike or brownlee people can tell you where to fish or what to use for bait but that doesn't always mean that you will catch fish your best bet is to research them and spend more time on the water plus when you do this you take more pride in your catch i think you will be hard pressed to find some one willing to give out info over the open web any more on body's of water just to many people lurking for the same info kinda like the old saying god helps those who help them selves
[signature]