Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
yuba with my grand daughter

my grand daughter wanted to catch a pike so I took her to yuba to see if we could
get it done for her. fishing was slow but the day was great, very little wind and nice temps. we threw spinnerbaits and some mepps musky killer spinners for a while and caught 2 small ones 20 in. I switched to a big jig that I made up a while back that I saw on the in-fisherman show once. that was the trick we caught 4 that were over 30 in. on that set up. when a pike hits a big jig, wow no mistake of saying was that bottom or a hit. this was the first time for me to fish for pike with jigs. I liked it.
[signature]
Very nice I love Yuba you never know when a beast is going to grab your Lure. What day did you go out I was there last Saturday.
[signature]
Very nice indeed! Yuba is great, I went there for the first time this year and I will definitely be going back again next year.
[signature]
Thanks for the report and pic Chuck, it has been a while since your last fishing post. I tried jigs on my last trip there with no luck, would you mind showing us a pic of this home made jig? If not on the forum then maybe in a PM? By the way, which launch did you use?
[signature]

I was down yesterday, Sunday, when I went the first week of June we couldn't keep them off our lines, we caught over 60 in 2 trips. this trip we had to work for them, I guess they have been pressured pretty hard this summer. we launched at oasis, the ramp is fine.
[signature]
Good to know about the ramp, I will need to launch next week probably. Thanks!!!
[signature]
Nice
[signature]
nicely done!
[signature]
That is fantastic! She is a beauty (both of them[Smile]) She looks like she could slide right out of that PFD though[laugh][laugh]
[signature]
Congratulations. Very nice picture! It's always great when a kid catches a fish, especially when they are with their grandfather> She won't soon forget that day.
[signature]