Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RABBITS????
My 16 y/o nephew is up from Texas and really wants to get out chasing something. His parents don't hunt and he is plumb huntin' crazy. Jacks or cottontails would be fine.

I don't think we can get him ready or outfitted for waterfowl, so we wanna chase bunnies and keep options open for chukars or grouse, etc....

Any suggestions? We hit Tremonton area and came up pretty dry. There were a ton at the Gorge last year, but longish drive for a day hunt. Randolf was awesome two years back, and terrible last year....
[signature]
I just got done hunting a bighorn ram out in Puddle Valley, there was a couple patches of rabbits out there, if you drive the dirt roads you will see where there is a bunch of tracks/trails in the snow. I wouldn't say the rabbits were thick, but the couple of patches I saw of them seemed to have a decent # of bunnies. One morning there was some guys unloading to go hunt one of the thick patches. Pm me if you want.
[signature]
Nice! Hope you got a big sheep....Don't know Puddle Valley, but I'll look it up....
[signature]
I went elk hunting Saturday 1-18. I didn't see any elk. I did however shoot a cottontail in right fork Indian canyon.
[signature]